Chapter 9

The sock puppet creature made it's way closer to my face. I thought it would whisper, "you're dead" in my ear.

"Hello." It said. The voice of it was swooshing, light, and female I might say. "I know you can't talk." She touched my sewed up mouth. Her fingers were cold as ice. I shivered as she touched me. Suddenly all the stitches off my mouth fell off. "How did you do that?" I said. My lips wouldn't stop quivering.

"I'm The Cursed One. Jakayla given me this name," Her ghostly voice flowed through me. "There's no time. There's only one way to get out of Jakayla's grip. Sadly, I couldn't do it and became a part of her story. I do not wish this on anyone."

"What do I have to do?" I asked eagerly.

"You have to come up with your own story. You have to voice over Jakayla's stories. Re-write it with your own voice. There's one condition, though. It has to be scarier than her ideas." It said.

"What?" I asked. Before she could respond my neck was touched by someone. I turned around.

I screamed as a bloody corpse hung from the staircase onto me. It crawled onto me and tried to hold me down. I struggled to get it off of me but I was too weak. This bony, fleshy creature overpowered me. When I couldn't fight anymore I remembered what the sock puppet girl had told me.  Re-write the story.

I looked at the corpse and spoke. "As the corpse held me down, it got off of me when it noticed a tall figure down the hallway. A clown like  figure with glowing white eyes stood waving their hand in our direction. The corpse crawled off of me and towards the masked figure with the glowing eyes. The two of them exchange glances. The corpse reached for the clown's mask. 'Mother?' the corpse whispered. It pulled off the clown's mask revealing a face...It was a long face with two holes for eyes. Long scraggly black and damp hair hung over the skull-like face."

Whatever I was making up just came to life. I couldn't even believe I came up with that. However, I don't think it was enough to beat Jakayla because the eyeless skill just stared at me. Smiling.