Chapter 12

Would you rather. A game I was very familiar with. My cousins and I use to play it when we were nine. To me, it was more about laughs than actually doing one or the other would you rather. Now, standing here with this masked human, creature, or who knows what it was, I know there would be no laughs. 

For a second my whole world spun and around me wasn't dark anymore. I was now in a room. A nice room, full of sunshine. There was one couch and I was told to sit on it. I did as I was told. The creature with the mask sat next to me. 

"I will not remove my mask." It said. It's voice very deep and eerie like a man's. I was thinking, thank GOD. But, what was to come? 

He continued. "But if you lose, I will remove my mask."

I swallowed hard. It's one thing to use that as a threat, but that threat was scary BECAUSE it was being used as a threat. Whatever was under the mask would be terribly horrifying. Or as Jakayla would use...horrendous.

A table appeared in front of us. One thing I noticed, when it came to me wanting to tell the story,  I couldn't until Jakayla told her part first and it happened, then I told my part when she was done. That's how it went, and that's how it will go. 

Now, back to the table. A wooden black table was placed in front of it. There was nothing on it. The masked figure took a deep breath. "Do you know the rules?"

Pick one or the other. If I don't do either, it's taking off that mask. I nodded. "Yes. I know the rules." I replied.

"These rules are different." It said. "I will ask you a two would you rathers. Whatever you pick will happen to you for 20 seconds. If you yell out, "I quit." you loose."

Shit. I could only sit frozen in my seat hoping it wouldn't be that bad. "Alright."

"Good." It said. "Let's begin. Would you rather stand outside in the middle of the night with a deranged creature, with the head of a jackal and the body of a human man. Along with your dead mother lying on the ground. Or, would you rather bite the tongue off of the legendary Slender Man?"

  What were these questions? Who even thinks of something like that? My mother was in fact dead which is why I teared up when he asked me. I didn't have to think much about it. I wasn't going to bite a tongue off of something called Slenderman. If I picked the jackal man, I'd just have to stand with it for 20 seconds. That's all right? It wouldn't hurt me. I hoped not.

I picked the jackal man. As soon as I did, the room transformed in the blink of an eye and I was no longer in it. I was in the dark, with nothing but the dim light of the moon. I felt a cold brush of air above my head.

Standing still over me, panting and drooling was the jackal's head. I can't describe the feeling of terror in my heart. I stepped back, however, as I did I ended up falling. I had tripped over my mother's dead body. But as I stared at her, my eye's widened and my heart stopped. Her eyes were two white balls of white. Her hand reached out for me as her head rapidly twitched left, right, down, and up. She was calling my name in a voice that sounded like a chorus of wails.

 The jackal began clawing her body, screaming for her to get back in a weird English. Blood spilled from her back and legs. The wails got louder and louder until the point I had to cover my ears. As I covered my ears the jackal man ran towards me and began to scratch me! Blood oozed from my arms and neck. I screamed and kicked and punched as I tried to get away. The jackal man's arms swung at my face, but I backed up every time. 

My foot was then grabbed by my mother. She pulled me away from him. Once I was away, she stood up, opened her mouth so wide that it stretched around the jackal's head. The horns began to poke out of my mother's neck as she continued to devour him. 

Then...it was over. I was back on the chair, sweating like an athlete. Bleeding like I had a surgery gone wrong. The masked figure had been sitting on the couch. "Good job. Your turn." It said.