Chapter 14: "I'm here to take you to your date."

I tossed every piece of clothing that I owned over my head. “Nope. No. Definitely not this.” I growled. I became frustrated within minutes. What the hell was I supposed to wear? Lauren and Camila had already left Australia and were probably on a plane going back to the U.S. I had no one to help me.

The lads were out, and I was home alone for at least two hours so I could get ready for Luke and I’s date. It had been about a week since he asked me out on this date of his, and tonight it was finally happening. I was really excited for it up until this point. Now I just wanted to throw up. What if he doesn’t think I look pretty? Or what if I end up looking like a mess because I didn’t know what to wear? Ugh.

I browsed through my contacts looking for someone to call so I could get some help. I could call Maya, but she was probably working. My thumb hovered over my co-worker—Nicole’s—contact. I didn’t know her very well, but this was a way to get to know her. Still unsure, I dialed her number. She answered on the fourth ring. “Hello?” she said.

“Hi, Nicole?” I greeted.

“This is she. May I ask whose calling?” Nicole questioned.

“Uh, this is Alana—from work.”

“Oh, hey. What’s up?” her tone got a lot more friendlier.

I explained my situation to her and gave her my address. She said she would be over as soon as she could find my flat. Thirty minutes later, Nicole was at the front door just as she had promised. She followed me to my room where she went through all of my clothing. She chose three items that she suggested I should wear tonight.

The first outfit I tried on was a little too girly for my taste and wasn’t exactly my “style.” It was a snug white blouse, with a floral skirt that met my mid-thigh. She paired it was a sleeveless jean jacket and a pair of black flats. I instantly decided that I wouldn’t be wearing this choice tonight.

The second outfit choice I tried on was cute, but I wasn’t really sure if it was for me. It made my legs look a lot longer than they needed to be. It was a tight black tank top, black high-waisted shorts, and a loose white blazer. On my legs, were long black sox’s that reached over my knees and on my feet were a pair of black boot-heels. It was cute, but not for tonight.

The last thing I tried on was the blue floral dress that I had purchased with Lauren and Camila. I slipped it over my body and stepped out of the bathroom so I could show Nicole. She smiled at me. I was hopeful this time. I looked into the full length mirror and frowned. The dress looked a lot better on the hanger. “Not this one.” I told her and she frowned.

“I guess I can try put something together.” She told me, hopefully.

I sat on the closed lid of the toilet and sighed a good number of times as I waited for her to find something for me to wear. Finally, she came into the bathroom holding up a white high-low skirt that I didn’t even know I had and a black sleeveless tummy shirt. Nicole left the bathroom and closed the door behind her. I slipped on the tummy shirt first and adjusted it until it looked right. I then slipped the skirt on over my legs and hips and pulled it up until none of the skin on my torso showed.

I exited the bathroom for the fourth time and looked into the full length mirror. “Wow,” I said in shock, “You’re good.” Nicole grinned at her creation.

“Now for hair and makeup!” she squealed and I groaned. I wasn’t exactly used to all this girly stuff even if I was a model for a few days.

She took my blonde hair out of its ponytail and let it fall over my shoulders. My blonde locks were a lot longer than I remembered and it was probably time for a trim. She grazed her fingers though my hair and stared at it, deep in thought. “I think you should just leave it natural.”

I snorted sarcastically. “You’re joking right?”

She looked dead serious. “No. Just brush it out a little bit and put some anti-frizz gel in it and you’re good to go. You have really pretty natural waves.”

I wasn’t quite sure, but I trusted her. “Okay…” I agreed, “I don’t have any anti-frizz gel though.”

“No problem. I got you covered.” Nicole pulled a small grey bottle out of her bag and squirted some of its contents onto her hand. She rubbed it on her hands and combed it through my hair with her fingers. I was surprised. It actually didn’t look bad at all.  

Next, she did my makeup. I let her have full control of that since I didn’t know what I was doing in that area anyway. I handed her my small makeup bag and she worked with what I had.

Once she was finished, she held up a mirror so I could see her work. That makeup she had applied on my skin was light and my blusher looked natural. My blue eyes stood out and my eyelashes were longer than I ever imagined they could go.

“Damn, girl. You’re really good.” I praise as I stared at my refection.  Nicole smiles at me as I twirl around. “I’ve never felt so pretty.” I tell her. Just as I had finished my sentence, we heard the front door open and close.

“ALANA!” Ashton calls. Nicole and walk out of the room.

“I’ll see you at work.” Nicole tells me.

“Thank you, so, so, so, much for everything.” Nicole smiles at me sweetly and then leaves.

“I’m here to take you to your date.” Ashton tells me after she closes the door behind her.

“Okay, then. Let’s go.”

HEY GUYS HOLY SHIT THIS WAS SHORT AND I'M REALLY FREAKING SORRY :( IT'S BEEN SO LONG SINCE I'VE UPDATED AND TO MAKE THINGS WORSE, I'M WRITING A NOVEL FOR SCHOOL SO I'M GOING TO HAVE EVEN LESS TIME TO WRITE. THIS STORY IS NOT OVER AND I HAVE SOME PRETTY AMAZING PLANS FOR IT(: I'M SORRY THIS CHAPTER SUCKS SO MUCH AND I'M GOING TO TRY EVEN HARDER TO MAKE YOU ALL HAPPY. AGAIN, THANK YOU FOR STICKING WITH ME AND NOT BASHING ME (EVEN THOUGH YOU SHOULD). I'M NOT JOKING WHEN I SAY I HAVE THE BEST READERS. I LOVE YOU GUYS. LOVE, MORGAN