Chapter 16: "How much you wanna bet?"

Somehow, Luke ended up on top of me with his shirt off. His lips were pressed onto mine when my vision cleared. I immediately pushed him off of me. “No, Luke this isn’t right. I don’t even kiss on the first date and you think I’m going to have sex with you? Yeah, I think not.” I grabbed my pjs and toothbrush and quickly went downstairs. I could hear Luke following me down but I ignored him.

I wasn’t mad at Luke… I was mad at myself. And I was afraid and… and… ugh. I locked myself in the bathroom and took my sweet time changing and brushing my teeth. I even pretended to use the bathroom. “You can’t hide in there forever, Alana—“

“How much you wanna bet?”

He sighs. “I just want to talk to you. Please come out.” I give into his pleading and unlock the door. I cross my arms and avoid his gaze. “I’m sorry he says. I shouldn’t have kissed you like that… I didn’t know it would lead to almost… you know. I understand if you don’t want to go out with me anymore.”

“It’s okay,” I say finally. “It was just as much my fault as it was yours.”

Luke nods his head then plops down on the couch. “Uh, what are you doing? I’m sleeping there.” I tell him a little harshly.

“You can just sleep in my bed.” I roll my eyes but I don’t argue.

As I lay in bed, I think about what almost took place. Kissing Luke was nice, but it was our first date and I wasn’t ready anyway. I really like Luke and I still want to go out with him, but I feel as if this awkwardness puts a gap between us. I sure hope not.

***

I am surprised when I wake up to the light strumming of a guitar and four singing voices. I groan but sit up. Ashton, Calum, Luke, and Michael are humming. Michael plays his acoustic guitar and Luke is on his knees. He begins to sing and I want to hide from embarrassment. “Oh God. Luke! You told them?!” I hide my face with my fingers.

The tune he sings, is from Out of my Limit. “You’re just a little bit out of my limit. It’s been fourteen hours now and you haven’t seen the best of me. And in my mind now, I’ve been over this a thousand times. It’s almost over, let’s start over.”

Luke gets up and walks over to me. He offers his hand and I take it. The three other boys are humming quietly. “Alana, I know I messed up last night and I truly am sorry. I won’t hold it against you for not giving me a second chance… But if you do, I would really love for you to be my girlfriend.”

I let all of this sink in. I wasn’t mad at Luke and of course I was going to give him a second chance, but was I ready to have a real boyfriend? Anxiousness filled Luke’s eyes when I didn’t reply right away. The boys had stopped singing and left us alone… What was I going to do? I couldn’t leave him hanging.

“Luke, you’re an amazing boy… and last night was the most fun I’ve had in, well, a long time. I’m not mad at you… I never was, actually. I was just afraid. And well, I really want to make this work… and I really would like to be your girlfriend… And—“

Suddenly, his lips crashed into mine. “You’re so far out of my limit.” I smile at his words causing him to smile also. Our kiss becomes awkward and toothy, but I wrap my arms around his neck.

“You know,” I say in between breaths, “I’m really glad I didn’t get on the right plane.”

Out of my limit is finally finished and wow it's been quite a journey. Thank you for all the votes and reads and dang thank you so much<3 I'm going to be writing another Luke Hemmings fanfic called "You," but I can't decide if I want it to be punk or regular. Your feedback would be magnificent!! Also, if you ever need an editor I'd be glad(: Thank you guys again for everything! Love, Morgan