Truce

*Chapter 8*

The weeks went by so fast, and before both Tyler and I knew it, it came time to perform the song for our class.

To say we were nervous was an understatement.

"Josh?" Tyler stuttered out, turning to face me slightly as we watched a performance from a group who called themselves Paramore.

Hayley was the singer and damn they were good.

The song I think they were singing was called Still Into You but it was far from sounding like a lovey-dovey love song.

"Yea Tyler?" I responded quietly.

Watching them perform honestly took away some of my worries as my mind shut down.

"I'm scared. What if I mess up? What if they laugh at us? What if-" Tyler started, only to have me cut him off.

"Tyler calm down. We will do fine. You will be amazing. Just close your eyes and pretend like no one is there but me." I turned, my full attention on him as Hayley and the other two, I think Taylor and Zac were their names, finished the song and left the stage.

Tyler let out a shaky breath before looking up, smiling slightly at me and nodding.

He can do this, and so can I.

The class had the stage booked to perform as the classroom was so small, and we all knew everyone would be pretty loud so we didn't want to disturb surrounding classes.

It was a good thing we booked it too, seeing as Brendon's performance with Dallon and a couple others named Dan and Kenny was really loud.

The song was also weird. Who writes about closing doors?

"Ok Tyler and Josh you boys are up!" The teacher called, breaking me from my thoughts.

We both stood up before walking onto the stage and getting in place.

I sat myself behind the drums and Tyler at the microphone on the piano.

"Ok so hi guys... I'm Tyler and that's Josh.. And we are doing- uh- a song called- uh- the run and go..." Tyler spoke, stuttering and stumbling over a few words.

He'll be okay. I'll be okay.

"Ok whenever you're ready boys!" The teacher spoke loudly, clapping his hands with a grin on his face.

Tyler sighed deeply and turned back to face me, giving me the signal to count in.

The sounds of drums filled the room, then the sweet vocal talent of Tyler started, leaving the class in awe.

I mean, I hope. Tyler's voice was amazing.

After we finished, both of us were out of breathe. Drumming was a lot harder than people made it out to be, especially when you're trying to bounce around and be energetic at the same time.

The class was silent for a few moments before Brendon, Dallon and Ashley stood, screaming and cheering, the rest of the class following soon after.

Tyler and I both smiled widely before linking arms and bowing.

Performing felt amazing.

"That was amazing boys! You know, I would consider starting something with you two. Possibly a band. I don't know but you guys sound awesome together." The teacher stated, a wide grin covering his features.

I had only heard him say something similar about a couple other groups so to hear that was just amazing.

Tyler and I looked at each other, smiling, before walking off the stage and sitting back down.

I zoned out after that, and by the look on Tyler's face he had too.

I thought about being in a band. I mean, it had always been a dream of mine.

Blink-182 was a big influence on me during high school, and hearing that I had what it took to be in a band really made me think about it.

Being in a band would be cool. If Tyler and I got this reaction today, who knows how else other audiences would react.

I knew something special was here, and I wanted to follow the teachers words and make something out of it.

I just really hope Tyler has the same idea, because being in a band with him would be the best thing I could ever imagine.

Best friends in a band, touring and travelling the world with a growing fanbase and other famous friends?

Hell yea! Who knows, maybe if we got big enough I could meet Mark Hoppus!

I turned to face Tyler, smiling and giving him a high five as the teacher dismissed us for the day.

We stood up and grabbed our bags, beginning to walk out when we were stopped by a little group of people.

Brendon, Dallon, Ashley, Hayley, Zac and Taylor crowded around Tyler and I.

"Dudes you did awesome!" Brendon shouted, earning the rest of them to mutter a form of agreement before bringing both Tyler and I into a bone crushing hug, soon followed by Dallon then Ashley, and before I knew it the whole group was in a giant group hug.

"You all did amazing too! Now guys let us go!" I laughed, feeling someone touching my ribs and making me laugh.

We all seperate from the hug, before we fully introduced with the Paramore guys.

They were really awesome and really sweet, and I hope I could call them more friends.

Tyler, Dallon, Brendon, Ashley and I all walked out and deciding to grab some food together to, I guess, 'celebrate' completing the assignment.

"How does Taco Bell sound?" Dallon suggested, before Brendon tried to stop him with a playful annoyed look on his face.

Ashley was just confused as to Brendon's actions. But before she could ask, Tyler and I shared knowing glimpses before doing our handshake and shouting 'frick yea!' earning a chuckle from Ashley and a groan from Brendon.

Brendon smacked Dallon in the arm, who then punched Brendon back, before engaging in a war leaving Ashley, Tyler and I to stand by and laugh at it

Today was definitely awesome.

*yo! Two updates in one day? Wow! Im trying to edit all the chapters as soon as possible seeing as the Wattys are coming up and I've decided to enter this book into it. Wish me luck!

•safe place to rant and talk•

~XOjay
[Edited: 1 July, 2017]