A Car, A Torch, A Death

*Chapter 16*

I was wondering where Tyler was, seeing as he wasn't outside class at the end.

I mean, I knew he wasn't in class but he said he was gonna stop by after class and walk with me back to the dorm.

Class ended two hours ago.

He still wasn't back.

"Bro calm down. He could have decided to just stay out a bit longer, maybe he caught up with his dad or something." Brendon sighed, sitting back on the couch opposite me just scrolling through his phone, most likely on twitter.

"Yea come on. Follow us. Come play some music with us, clear your head." Ashley stood up, holding her hand out to me, which I gladly took.

I nodded at my three friends, one of them, a new girl, with long platinum blonde hair.

I think her name was Lynn.

I was following the girls over to the music room, Brendon beside me, when we entered the music room, asking Mr. Armstrong for permission to be in here.

He gladly agreed and he joined us for a jam session, and I could tell as we walked in he could sense the tense emotion between us.

Brendon and Ashley knew Tyler stuck to his word and I could tell they were growing more worried as the time flew.

Lynn didn't know Tyler so she didn't know what we were going through or thinking.

About maybe an hour into our jam session, my phone began to ring, the sounds of Fall Out Boy blaring through my phone.

I looked down at the unknown number in confusion, wondering who it would be.

"Do you need to take that?" Mr. Armstrong, who insisted we called him Billie, asked, looking over at me.

I nodded before grabbing the phone and walking away from the group, hearing Brendon explain why we were a bit tense before I answered the call.

"Hello?" I asked cautiously, nervousness in my voice.

"Hello is this Joshua Dun?" A female asked on the other end. She sounded awfully professional.

"Yes it is. Who's calling?" I asked, a slight disappointment that it wasn't Tyler.

I got weird looks from Ashley and Brendon, a confused look on Billie and Lynn's faces.

I just waved them off.

"My name is Jamia and I'm a nurse at the Mammoth hospital. No family could be contacted but we saw you were his most recent, and basically only, contact at the moment." The nurse, Jamia, explained, leaving me very confused.

"I'm sorry who's this about?" I asked, beginning to become quiet annoyed.

If this wasn't directly important to me, I didn't want to be involved.

"Oh right, I'm sorry. Tyler Joseph was admitted to hospital around an hour or so ago. Please come in to the hospital and ask for me. I will explain further." She explained.

I could feel the colour drain from my face as I froze, Brendon immediately getting up and walking over to me.

"Hello? Sir? Are you there?" I could hear the nurses voice through the phone, to which Brendon took it from me, and spoke for me, his face scrunching up into one of pain.