Trees

*Chapter 20*

The school year had ended faster than I had thought.

Granted a large portion of the months was taken up by Tyler being in hospital.

Everyone had become really close, moving out of college, some staying to continue courses, while the others found apartments or small houses with their partners.

Dallon and Brendon grew closer together after an accident.

Yea they are dating, but they got even closer. If that's possible.

Brendon was traveling to meet his parents again and reconnect with them after a long 8 years.

They never agreed with his life choices and never accepted his bisexuality.

On his way to see them, he was involved in a crash, completely totalling the car, and ending with him on the edge of death.

He was in a coma for a long time, but by a miracle he survived and woke up again, to which Dallon nearly died because he couldn't breathe.

It was scary, seeing that happen again. Seeing Dallon go through what I went through but really close to home.

He grew back closer with his parents again, too.

They visited him in hospital and they agreed to keep in contact more and they apologised for all those years ago when they kicked him out because of his sexuality and deciding being Mormon wasn't for him, because music was his religion.

Brendon ended up proposing, at graduation, in front of the whole school, on stage.

Dallon cried.

Like, really cried.

It was beautiful.

They bought a small little house further out in Vegas, Brendon's Home town, and decided to start a band together. Like, fully.

Brendon sings, plays piano, drums, guitar- basically anything he touches he can play.

Dallon plays the bass, and Kenny continued on with them on the guitar. Spencer decided he didn't want to continue playing drums for them. He sort of couldn't, more than didn't want to.

He was struggling with addictions and decided he needed to get his shit together for his wife and so they could start a family.

Everyone was supporting him greatly.

So as Spencer left, another good friend of theirs replaced him. Dan. He was a really nice guy.

Both Brendon and Dallon write lyrics. They worked really well together.

Ryan ended up reconnecting with Brendon again, with a lot of convincing, granted Brendon was never going to trust him much ever again. But Ryan was really talented with words so he helped them write some songs too.

He actually helped with most of the songs.

They are currently on tour to promote their new album, and first album, A Fever You Can't Sweat Out.

It's an amazing album and I can definitely see them getting big in life.

Also the bands name is really unique. Panic! At The Disco.

Lynn started talking to Ashley more, being helped by the fact that Tyler was in a coma also, and they grew pretty close too.

I don't believe they are officially dating at this moment in time, but it's bound to happen soon.

We can all see it.

They bought an apartment together, financially easier for them, closer to town near a little bar where they perform every few nights.

Ashley, who goes by Halsey a lot, still has the blue hair but it's been cut similar to the style Brendon and Dallon have.

They both look stunning, and people are noticing their talents more and more. And I mean they were really talented. It's hard to miss them.

As for Tyler and I? We followed Mr. Armstrong's- er, actually, Billie's advice.

We started a band.

Twenty One Pilots.

The name was inspired by a play, All My Sons written by Arthur Miller, where a man has to decide what's best for his family after being the cause for the death of twenty-one pilots.

Tyler had studied this play in one of his literature classes.

I had changed my hair from purple to red, to pink and now to its current yellow.

Tyler stayed the same brown. But has had various styles with his hair.

My favourite time was when Tyler shaved his head and we all teased him and called him an egg.

Tyler and I released an album, self-titled Twenty One Pilots, and are currently playing small shows in little pubs, basements and clubs, but we were quickly growing an audience.

We planned to release a new album, Vessel, after the release of an album called Regional At Best, and coming with this was a scheduled tour, traveling to almost every continent.

I was pumped. And to see how many people actually were wanting to buy tickets for a show, it blew my mind.

And it is here, on the last show of this Vessel era tour, behind the scenes waiting was all our friends, even some new ones known as the legendary Fall Out Boy, for the moment.

And just saying on that, back in college having Tyler and I both listening to Fall Out Boy religiously and now being amazing friends with them, was just holy shit.

It was here, on this final show of the tour, that everything finally fell into place.

And it couldn't have gone any better.

And it was with the moon ring on the chain wrapped around my neck that I gained the confidence to make the next move.

And looking down at the polished black and red band in the small velvet box, that made all my worries melt away and I placed it back into my pocket.

*yo! Final chapter hype! Hope you enjoyed it and the epilogue is being edited and uploaded as we speak. Thank you all for reading this fic. It was the first fic I ever wrote on wattpad and I can't believe the amount of support I've had with it and it's just been insane and given me the courage to write other fics too. Go check out my other works if you get the chance. Give them some support too!

•safe place to rant and talk•

~XOjay
[Edited: 22 February, 2018]