EIGHT

'What the hell was that about?' Tessa asked me when we got home.

'Honey take it easy alright' Marcel tried to calm her down.

'No don't honey me, Alex some explenation would do' she said and looked at me waiting for me to respond.

'I told you i want to do this my way why can't you even give me that?' i asked her trying to stay calm.

'Because i don't trust you, you will. You are staying here in my house because there was no one else you could call. I gave you clothes and food. I give you a job and you turn it down' she snapped at me.

'It's only been a day Tessa and we both know this is something different you are talking about. You are talking about four years ago aren't you'

'I just don't want you to screw up again. I don't want to lose my best friend again' she whispered.

'And i love you for that but you have to understand that this is all so much for me. For someone who hasn't seen much in years. Please understand?'

'I'll try and then please take the job at least i know that you are somewhere good alright' she begged.

I sighed how could i say no?

'Alright fine, will you stop nagging me then?' i asked her smiling.

She nodded and she hugged my body. I wasn't hugged when i got home yesterday so this feels like progressing.

'Alright since we just got one step closer we should celebrate, we should go out tonight' Marcel said to us.

'Uhm i don't know i can't drink or anything i don't want to be in the temptation' i said.

'We understand so we won't drink either. We support you but if you will excuse me i have to call the manager you will take the job' Tessa said and walked out the room.

'She cares a lot you know' Marcel said to me.

'Yes i know but it's very overwhelming for me'

He nodded.

'What do you want to do with you life now that you are out?'

'Well i have to meet with a psychologist every week and i think besides working i want to get a real degree. Getting educated that sounds so good' i said smiling to myself.

'That sounds really good, maybe we can do some research tomorrow. I'm still free that day.'

'That sounds great thank you' i said and at that moment Tessa came back in.

'Alright you can start on Monday' she said overly excited.

'Monday already' i whispered a little frightened.

'Yes and please don't leave me hanging there, just go wait and see alright things will work out just fine for you' Tessa said and well she is right. I do have to wait and see. It's only been a day. What can go wrong right?

'You want to borrow some make up?' Tessa asked while we were getting ready for the club. Make up? Something i didn't wear for years and what i used too much from that time.

'I don't know, i don't want to be too much'

'You won't let me help you, i am good at this trust me' she said and put on some mascara, eyeliner and lipstick.

'Just like that and you look so pretty go look for yourself' she said and pointed to the mirror.

I walked to the mirror and she was right. I am beautiful. So natural and nothing heavy.