Chapter Three

Finally, at the end of two weeks, Ichimatsu felt that it could be the day he would take his own life. He had a strong hunch that nobody would be there to stop him.

Sighing, Ichimatsu kicked his shoes off. The wind ruffled his hair as he sucked in what he thought would be his last few breaths.

"Any final words?" he asked himself, slightly laughing. "Probably not...I'm too stupid to come up with something. Nobody would hear me anyways. Nobody would hear my final words. They won't even notice I'm gone."

At that moment, he turned around and noticed a dark hair boy with a blue hoodie, just about to jump off of the roof. His shoes were already off, and he was leaning towards the edge.

Ichimatsu's felt like blood was rushing to his head as he screamed out as loudly as he could. He even found it hard to believe the words he spoke.

"Hey! Just don't do it!" he screamed.

The boy turned around, not a single tear in his eyes. His face was very stoic, just like Ichimatsu's. And just from the look in his eyes, Ichimatsu felt like the burdens this boy felt were great just like his own.

"W-what's your name?" Ichimatsu asked shakily, pulling the boy away from the edge of the building.

"Does it matter if you know my name? By tomorrow, it will only be a name. It will not belong to anyone..." he replied.

"Please..." Ichimatsu muttered weakly. "just tell me!"

The boy sighed, shaking his head a little.

"My name is Karamatsu..." he said quietly, almost guiltily.

"Why do you want to go? Surely you have a good reason to hate living so much..." Ichimatsu said.

Karamatsu sighed, looking at the street beneath them.

"There's just so many burdens that I've kept on my heart. For years, I've stayed silent about everything I ever felt. But who cares, honestly? My existence is insignificant to everyone else. If I were gone, nobody would notice. So why should I keep on living?" Karamatsu said bitterly, tears spilling out of his empty eyes.

"Hey..." Ichimatsu choked, finding his own tears running down his face as he spoke those same words he didn't believe. "just don't do it..."

Karamatsu's eyes widened when Ichimatsu threw himself at him, hugging him tightly with pity.

"I have no right to stop this person! They're just like me. They've had nobody to speak to. They've had nobody to vent everything to. Why should I stop them...I shouldn't...I shouldn't stop them. They're just...like me..." Ichimatsu thought, but when he looked up, he found that Karamatsu was smiling.

"I feel so much better now that I've said that," he laughed a little. "I guess venting really does help," Karamatsu said, beginning to walk away. "Thank you."

"I need to find someone to share my own pains to. I've been stopping all of these people from killing themselves, yet I can't seem to help myself..." Ichimatsu thought, staring at the ground below.

"You know what," Ichimatsu mumbled. "I'm not coming here tomorrow. I'm going to finally better myself."