Chapter 7 Partner In Crime

*Harley's POV*

"Harley!" I heard him screaming down the hall.

I got up and went to find him. "Yes?" I said, now standing in front of The Joker.

"We have work to do." He tells me.

"Like what?"

"We need to give good ol' Batsy a reminder that we're still here." He smiled.

I smirked back at him. "Yeah we do."

The car ride to Downtown Gotham was silent until he spoke. "I- I want you to let me lead. I can't have you hurting yourself on your first real mission with me."

"But J-" I protested.

"I want you safe." He told me, not taking his eyes off the road. "I don't know what I'd do if anything ever happened to you." (A/N okay, so I don't really know if I ever explained this but a friend brought it to my attention that it wasn't really clear. Shortly after (Y/N) lost her mind and decided their name was in fact Harley Quinn, was around the time that they were actually officially together. I realize I left large gap there with the time skip of  almost a month. Sorry guys. Okay, on with the story.)

"Fine." I pouted as he stopped the car and got out. I watched him round the corner than come back motioning to me that everything was clear. I stepped out and followed him quickly. He held out his hand for me to stop and looked up. Suddenly a felt a breeze and a figure landed between us, Jokers back was to him, but he was still in my view. "Batsy, Batsy, Batsy." I cooed at him.

The Joker turned around without hesitation and shot blindly around Batman. When he stopped he laughed and grabbed my wrist pulling me behind him. "What do ya say Batsy? Come to play?" He asked putting his hand up to his face, covering his mouth with his smile tattoo.

"Let the girl go Joker!" Batman growled at him.

"Oh this girl?" Joker gestured to me. "She's mine, aren't you sweetheart?"

I laughed, "allllllll yours." I said winking at Batman.

Batman glared at The Joker then lunged at him. He jumped out of the way with ease, sending Batman crashing into me. We both fell to the ground and I growled and kicked him off swinging at his head with my baseball bat. I pushed my weight to my legs and jumped up ready to fight.

"I said she was mine!" The Joker screamed at him jumping on his shoulders. "WHEN I SAY SOMETHING IS MINE YOU DON'T FUCKING TOUCH IT!"

Batman easily threw him off. "When I psychopath says that something is their's, you simply question why that thing is so important. Then take it from them when they least expect it." Batman said.

"I thought you was the good guy." I said.

"I thought you we're too." He said looking at me with sadness in his eyes.

"Enough with the sappy stuff." Joker broke out. "Kill me, or die." He threw back his head laughing loudly this time.

I stared at him in shock, "No!"

"It will be okay Harley." He said and shot at Batman, hitting him this time. Batman tackled him to the ground and started hitting him, all the while the Joker was laughing. "That all you got Batman?" He asked with a snicker, sliding me his pistol.

I picked it up and stared at him. I've never fired a gun before. I took aim and shot Batman right in the back. He howled in pain and fell over. "Ya had that one coming." I say as I launch myself at him, doing a summer salt in the air. I landed on his back in all fours and took a swing using my bare fists, for my bat was discarded some there behind me. He threw me off sending my flying back into a wall and cracking my head causing it to bleed.