Ch. 1 ~ The Dilemma

~Carter's POV~

I woke up and rolled over, feeling the cool air blow across my chest sending goosebumps along my bare skin. Then arms stretched across and embraced me with their heat. It was Mica my friend's very own husband. No, cross that, best friend. We'd just finished sleeping with one another which makes this the third time in two days.

See, I can't really begin to explain how this started. I had known Danielle, the wife of Mica, since the start of freshman year in college. For all I'd known, Danielle had come from a wealthy family, had a constant honor roll reputation, was teacher's favorite, claimed all of the guys, and were the campus girl's worst competition. She was an overall baddie. Her hair was waist length, her eyes were a pretty hazel, an she had a coke bottle shape. And top that off, her attitude was ambitious. She crossed the line for a very fine woman. She was a very bad bitch. 

Me, I was the new girl. All my life I was pushed and shoved around, played with by all of the men in my life, and even back stabbed by my own mother. With my tiny frame and little perky breast, I figured if I couldn't beat Danielle, I'd might as well join her. Together we were infamous. She built me into the female I am today, deceiving, conniving, but with ambition. Had she only known I was using her husband...

Anyways, as the years passed I quickly learned the cons of being Danielle's friend. No matter what, Dani always put me first before anyone, family, friends, partners. But that couldn't hide the fact that she got all of the attention from outsiders. No matter how much attention she showed me, I craved that attention from the people just as much as she did. I quickly became infuriated and jealous of Dani.

I kept my anger down low though. I couldn't let my pride past my friendship with her. But I kept that anger fuming inside me for the longest until one day, Mica came along. Mica was Dani's long time lover and future NFL football player for the San Diego Sharks. Mica was perfection. Chiseled tones, abs for days, those sexy eyes, that baritone voice. All of it devoured me. I would stay up late on the phone with Dani just to hear about how good his sex was or how charming he is on dates. I wanted him. Badly

At this point of time, my temporary relationship with my ex Kain, was damn near non existent. We no longer felt the need to love each other anymore. I was so worried about Mica, I ruined my very own relationship. My anger was damn near blowing off the top. I needed to vent it out. I was sobbing endlessly for days. No one knew how depressed I was. I would stare at myself in the mirror and curse myself for being second next to Dani. Why couldn't I be pretty? Why couldn't I have all the attention? I was thirsty for affection.

So I came onto Mica. At first he was stubborn and persistent and always whined about being loyal to Dani but that didn't phase me. I kept trying until I had Mica. feeding from the palms of my hands. Danielle just don't know what hit her.