Ch. 6 ~ Dirty

~Danielle's POV~

I groomed the comb through my daughter's long luscious curls as she whined. "Momma, are we almost done?" Aubrei cried. "Yes, ma'am. Just hold on for a second will you." I spoke. Too bad she collected my good, healthy hair but with her father's attitude.

I finished her off and watched as Desiree' added bows onto Ivy's ponytails. "Go on and play, hun." I gestured as she ran off. "Your kids have the prettiest hair. I hope when I have children, their hair is half as healthy as theirs." Desiree' chimed. I smiled a bit, but I couldn't get away from the fact that Desiree' was the woman my man had been sleeping with. Probably...

I wasn't for sure. But I was going to find out. Things became silent. I figured she wasn't as uncomfortable as I was with her iPhone keeping her company. "What did my husband tell you the other night?" I asked remembering what Carter had told me a few days ago.

"Oh... He wanted to catch up on things since we haven't talked in some years." She said only removing her eyes from the phone for a split second. I bought her lie but only for a minute.

"Oh. Did he say anything about me?" I asked curious. "Not really, just minor things." She said.

"What are minor things?" I questioned. "Danielle, let's not take this out of perspective, will you?" Desiree' said firmly.

Then things became quiet again. I had enough of this! I was just going to jump right into conclusions. "Des, I just want you to know Mica and I have been married for some years now and I hope you know that there can be no one in between. No one can split us up. So before this escalates, just please stay out of our relationship, please. As a friend." I spoke quickly but firmly.

I wasn't expected for what she had to say next...

Desiree's lowered her phone slowly. She frowned deeply and then replaced it with an evil squint. "I don't know what you're trying to say Danielle, but I do not want your man. And if you knew what he did you wouldn't want him either." She scoffed.

What had she meant? What was he up to? What did he tell her?

/////////////////////////////////////Later On

~Desiree's POV~

I had called up my most trustworthy friend, Kain. I really had alot to get off my chest. I always went to Kain for reassurance. I took my seat across Kain. The waitress came and delivered my drink ordered by Kain. I glanced at him and he smiled broadly. "My treat." He teased.

"So what's going on, woman?" Kain asked. I sighed, unable to explain. I really thought Dani and I were better than this. We'd known each other since high school, we shopped for each other's prom dresses, we'd graduated into the same college, and better yet fell in love with the same man. Yet that didn't make us close friends, after all.

"I've been visiting my friend Danielle recently. Your familiar of her I bet...." Kain made a foreign face.

"Never heard of her." He said.

"You know... co star of Housewives of NFL stars on VH1..... wife of famous NFL star for the San Diego's Sharks...... Mica Lewis." I went into detail. Kain's eyes lit up.

"Of course!" He said.

"So my first few nights there, Mica comes to me with some surprising news. He admits to me that he has been cheating on Danielle." I said. Kain's eyes lit up.

"I've been friends with the two since college. That's why I was taken- aback to find that Danielle thinks I'm the woman his husband has been sleeping with!" I said. Kain didn't looked phased at all.

"Did you say Mica Lewis?" Kain asked.

"You still on that part? What about when I said-

"Yeah, yeah but listen. During college I dated this girl named Carter. I've recently been trying to reconnect with her but she's been doing a little connecting of her own. She's out for that guy Mica. I've been seeing them together a lot lately. First their fucking in cars, but now I see them dining in 5 star restaurants and vacationing in places like the Bahamas. I don't see how the paparazzi could miss them." Kain spoke so fast I barely caught on. Barely...

"You know the two? I know of Carter. She's Danielle's closet friend. How long have you known about this?" I asked surprised. This definitely caught me by the tail.

"For a while... I-I-I'm not entirely over her. She just drives me crazy. No matter how much she rejects me, it's like I feed off of that disappointment. I'm always coming back for more." He said admitting his problems.

I then thought of the dilemma I had with Danielle. She thought I was fucking her man, whole time the culprit is staring her in the face. I scoffed. I was always suspect of Carter since day one. I wasn't about to let this skank get over me.

"Look, I've got an idea.You want this girl so bad... Just blackmail her." I said smugly.

"What do you mean?" Kain shook his head.

"If she wants to play dirty, we'll play dirty. Tell her trifling ass is she doesn't want to be exploited to the media and to her so-called friend, Danielle, than she must have sex with you." I said smirking.

"Desiree' that's foolish. You're a grown woman, and grown woman don't handle their issues like children. I want Carter, but I don't want to hurt her." Kain pleaded.

"Kain, get over your fucking self! Your'e thirty fucking two with no college diploma, no stable career, and living off of the government. If you think Carter is going to come crawling for you, you're out of your mind." I know what I had said burned his ego, but he needs to stop playing 'softy'. If you want something in this world, you gotta play dirty for it.

The thing is Carter isn't scared of being exploited by anyone, for she'll exploit her own damn self to get what she wants.