Ch. 10 ~ Exploited

~Desiree's POV~

Just A Few Weeks Ago...

"I've finally found the one girl." I cooed and stared dreamily into the sky. I smiled.

"Whats he like?" Danielle asked, curious.

"Brown sugar complexion, lips like candy, hair like silk, a built body, and a package that's..." She stopped. Danielle was intrigued.

"He sound like a dream." She mumbled fumbling with the centerpieces.

"Just like Mica is I suspect, right?" I asked.

"Right." Danielle responded with a timid smile.

*Flashback Over

Its hard to believe just a few weeks ago I was speaking of being so in love, and having found 'the man of my dreams' when in reality this man had just given me HIV. Yes, I was so madly in love with Kain. And I'm afraid to admit that I still am. In the beginning, we related so easily because we both had experience with bad relationships... He had just broken up with Carter, after she seemed to have lost all of her interest in him. And the man who I thought one day I'd be married to, Mica, was stolen by my own best friend, Danielle.

When Kain had told me all of the shit Carter had put him through I easily felt resentment towards her. And what made me even more angry was the fact that Kain was still so in love with her. The way he should have been with me...

I reflected over the message Kain had sent me while I was at the doctor's office.

Kain

I messed up Desiree. Is this what you wanted? Are you satisfied now?!

I scoffed to myself. This is what it had came to. If I had known he would have acted so crazy about it I wouldn't even had brought it upon him to blackmail Carter. I dialed him up.

The ringer hummed in my ear as I cradled the phone between the crease of my neck and my shoulder. On the third ring he answered. He was shallow over he phone and his voice was deep with sorrow. He sounded like he had just got finish crying.

"How could you?!?" I hollered through the phone staring at my reflection in the bathroom mirror.

"You selfish son of a bitch, how could you!" I cried and wailed into the phone releasing all of what was left in me.

"You... You gave me HIV, Kain. HI-fucking V!" I swiped tears from my sodden cheeks. "Do you know what this means? Do you know what I have to go through now?! Because of you???"

The entire time his side of the phone was silent. The only word he'd spoken to me since I called him was "Hello".

"Answer me, motherfucker!" I screamed impatiently.

Then a timid voice cracked through the phone. "I ... Raped ... Carter." He said then released a wail.

"I didn't mean to, Desireé. I feel so guilty. I'm ashamed to even call myself a man." He cried.

"But what about me!? What about the fact that you gave me your transmitted disease !? Or the fact that I will have to live with this horrid disease forever?!" I hollered not even caring for Carter. Next thing I knew he had hung up on me.

I stood there, tears streaming down my face, mouth wide open in disbelief.

But then it hit me... If I had HIV, then so did Carter. I smiled ever so hard at this. Finally that back stabber got what she deserved. But then I thought... Why was this man so upset that he raped her? Why was him raping her more important than him giving me HIV? Why does it seem like he cares more about her than me?