Ch. 7 ~ Under Pressure

~ Danielle's POV ~

I fumbled nervously with my fingers, a thing I did when under an anxiety attack. I was sweating balls and my throat was slowly closing up. I paced back and forth until I finally stopped and raided my medicine cabinent for those anxiety pills prescribed to me that I haven't taken in nearly a week or so. I've just been so on edge since Desiree' and I had our little discussion. What she said, though. Was it true? Was Mica hiding something from me that he knew would jeopardize our relationship?

I heard he door creak shut and I knew Mica had walked into our master bedroom. Without hesitation I held the container of pills to my head and nearly engulfed 6. I knew I had been overdosing and I knew that I was pregnant and this is what caused my miscarriage the last time. I was still shaking uncontrollably...

I walked into the room staring at the back of Mica's head as he undressed. In the reflection of the mirror he was staring at me, too. How was I even going to ask him? Just come out of nowhere and suggest maybe he was cheating?Then it would throw him off the edge.

"What do you want, Danielle?" He asked bitterly as he stared at me through the reflection of the mirror. How do I start? Maybe by telling him you're pregnant. The anxiety was getting to me, I was hearing voices.

"I just was curious about..." My voice croaked.

"About?" Mica finished.

"Nothing, nothing." I regretted even speaking. But then it hit me, I am his wife, I have every right to know what he's hiding.

"Do you mind telling me what you told Desiree' the other night?" I asked, staring right back at him.

His eyes widened and he began nervously fumbling with his shirt collar, slowly he turned around. Without looking me in my eyes he got closer.

"Why?" He asked.

"Out of curiosity." I reassured him although it really wasn't.

"Did she say something?" He asked quickly.

"Why would that matter?" I furrowed my brows and placed my hands on my hips, cocking my head to the side. I was on to him.

It was silent. He was giving me that cold shoulder because he had ran out of excuses. I scoffed to myself. I should've known. All those late nights and all those pitiful ass excuses!

"Are you cheating on me with Desiree'?" I asked abruptly not giving him the eyes.

"Danielle stop playing dumb! I would never cheat on you!" He cut me off, raising his voice just a little higher.

I swerved around quickly, "Well what am I supposed to think when you're barely home!? What am suppose to think when the kids are constantly asking where daddy is!? What am I suppose to think when you're sneaking around behind my back!? Or what am I suppose to think when you've been telling Desiree' things you won't even mention to me about?"

"You are out of your mind, Danielle! When have I ever cheated? And with Desiree'? Please?!? She wouldn't give me the time of day!" He hollered back.

"Maybe I shouldn't give you the time of day either." I sneered.

"So what are you gonna do then, Danielle?" He asked chuckling softly. "Divorce me?" He joked.

At this point I was obviously offended. I guess to him, I was nothing without our marriage. If anything this made me want to divorce him even more than I had already wanted. I scoffed, hesitantly holding back tears. I looked at him and at that moment he didn't even look like himself. He stood there grinning smugly, like he'd accomplished something so great. And maybe he had... He made me feel so... weak without him.

"Look, I'll be back when you've come to your senses and realize I'm probably the only man who will ever want your sorry ass." Mica picked up his things and without word, he stormed out of the room.