Ch. 9 ~ Left In Ruins

~Carter's POV~

Its been three whole weeks since Kain has blackmailed me. I've yet to respond. I mean whats the rush? I'm in no hurry to have sex with him and in all honesty I am anticipating the moment he reveals to the media that me and Mica Lewis are a thing. I was out shopping about, hauling a large turquoise Tory Burch tote, a matching pear of Marc Jacobs cocaine white Hi- Tops, some ripped jeans exposing my long legs, and some diamond earrings that value over 5 grand. I looked like money.

I just had that odd feeling that I was being watched though. I had several paranoid moments when I would swerve around to check if I was being stalked and there'd be no one there but my shadow. I dont know, I guess it was me being crazy. I just brushed it off. By the time I went home and the sun started setting the feeling became more urgent and at every corner I felt that there was someone around me, lurking. I undressed and in the comfort of my own home, walked around naked while I waited for my bubble bath to finish. I grabbed a fruit bowl and took it upstairs with me. Once I realized the tub was already filled to the maximum I dipped into the warm water feeling it overcome me. I rested my head back and shut my eyes, falling alsleep.

(Forty minutes later ~ 10:30)

My eyes widened quickly. I turned my head, swarming in the water to check the clock behind me. It was already 10:30 and the timer behind me which was set for fifteen minutes was still buzzing, meaning I overslept the alarm. But the buzzing wasn't what woke me up... It was the sound of the rustling coming from my bedroom and the creaking of the floor and the shutting of doors.

Slowly I sat up, my heart racing a thousand miles ahead of me.Time slowed and the only thing I seemed to be focused on was the shadow moving in and out of the doorway leading to my bathroom. Someone was in my house, snooping through my things. There was someone in my house and I was all alone, naked, wet, and vulnerable. I never thought in a million years I'd be uncomfortable in my own home, or that their would ever be a burglary while I was in the bath tub, naked and helpless.

I figured, maybe the person hadn't known I was home and that they didn't realize I was in the tub. I slowly climbed out, trying not to make a sound with the water. I tip toed out of the bathroom, naked whilst holding my breast and shielding my Kitty Kat. I dipped my head into the room to notice that no one was in there. I checked in every closet, and even dared to leave my room. Yet, no one was there. I came back to my room and sighed in relief. Maybe I had been hallucinating all of that stuff. Quickly I felt humiliation rush over me, and for a mere second I felt like I was starting to get anxiety issues like Danielle. 

I dressed in a satin night gown, pinned my hair up and was starting for the remote when I heard another door shut. My heart dropped again and I stood there, frozen in place, one hand extended for the remote and another extended for the razor blade beside my lamp. I leisurely walked out of my bedroom with the razor up to my face and into the hallway where no one was. This time I knew for a fact I wasn't hallucinating, I was crazy but I wasn't THAT crazy. I was scared to leave my bedroom so I backed up real quickly into my room, slammed the door shut, grabbed my iPhone 5s and started dialing 911. Just as I turned around, I fell into the arms of a man. I screamed as I felt him pick me up. I strained to get away. I dropped my razor because I was so frightened. He threw me on the bed and laid me on my back, as to pin down both of my arms. I flung my arms and legs wildly and clawed up his face, and just then I realized who it was and screamed so damn loud he cringed. He got my arms down and spread my long legs as I kicked and cried.