Ch. 12 ~ Criminal

"Do you take this lovely wedded woman to be your wife?" Cited the pastor.

"I do." Mica said firmly, although avoiding eye contact.

"And Carter, do you take this lovely wedded man to be your husband?"

"I do."

"Than you may kiss your bitch." Danielle strutted into the church. Her eyeliner was smeared down her cheeks, and her words were slurred. She had a pistol aimed at the two newlyweds

"Danielle-" Mica reached for his ex wife.

"No, go ahead and defend your hoe. Matter fact I got a few words for her." Danielle slurred and her body tipped. She regained posture and her gun aim then continued.

"Carter, Carter, Carter..." Dani mockingly slurred.

"Danielle you're drunk-"

"Shut the fuck up, Mica!" Danielle shot at the ceiling causing the two including the pastor to cower in defense.

"Carter, how could you?" Dani squinted. "I-I-I trusted you with my life and you turn around and fuck my husband???" Danielle spoke as the hurt on her face started to look even more evident.

Danielle seemed to had broke down into a barrage of tears at the end of her proclamation. She cupped her face and leisurely swiped the tears on her face only to replace them with more.

"D-Dani-" Mica began to cry. Tears fell from the crevice of his eyes and trailed their way down every crook of his face while the snot seemed to ooze from his nose and fall over his upper lip and into the opening of his mouth. His face cringed forming wrinkles along his chocolate smooth skin.

Danielle ceased crying and looked up at her ex husband. The corners of her lips turned upright and leisurely they began to stretch even wider until she was fully smiling. She began to laugh. Her laughing turned into uproar causing the desolate faces to transition into disoriented ones.

She continued laughing only to pause and say, "You look so ugly when you cry."

Just then the door bust open and Desiree walked in. "Desiree?" Mica questioned upon her entering the chapel.

"Mica, I'm sorry it had to be this way. It wasn't because of you." Desiree soothed the situation just barely. "Des, shut the hell up. You owe no one an explanation. These two are about to get what they deserve." Dani shushed Des.

"Desiree, I trusted you with all this. Why would you say anything? Do you have any idea what you've done to me?" Mica cried and stepped off of the pulpit.

"No don't try and put this on me, Mica! You did this to yourself!" Desiree stepped forward with her index finger facing Mica accusingly. "Did you really think that you were going to marry Carter and carry on this infidelity without Danielle or the world finding out? What fucking fairytale do you live in? NOTHING is ever a secret." Desiree finished.

Mica, if I knew what kind of man you were I would have never married you. What about the kids! Did you ever think about them? What life without daddy will be like?" Danielle was flushed red and full of anger. If Mica wasn't in his right mind he would have sworn he saw steam teeming from her ears.

You don't really plan on killing me do you?" Mica said reaching for Danielle prudently. He was taking but two steps at a time with his right leg perched in front of him just in case he would have to jerk back fast enough to dodge a bullet.

"Of course not. I plan on killing you AND that sonofabifch hoe you call 'wifey' over there." Dani cocked her head and placed both hands on the pistol. Mica leisurely came closer. His hand was a little over a foot away from the brim of the pistol. The room was tense. Danielle was burning holes through him. He began shifting his eyes from the pistol to her, watching for any movement. He was now an inch away and his finger tips were brushing against the tip of the gun. Danielle's finger was itching to pull the trigger and she was holding on with white knuckles. Mica felt his hand surpass the cool metal of the gun and onto Danielle's warm skin. He lowered her arm, the entire time keeping eye contact with her.