Ch. 11 ~ Whats Done In The Dark

"What you have said in the dark will be heard in the daylight, and what you have whispered in the ear in the inner rooms will be proclaimed from the roof tops."

Luke 12:3

///////////////////////////

~Dani's POV~

I paced around my room shaking profoundly. Every inch of me was mad; as mad as a black woman could get. I was infuriated, embarrassed, dumbfounded. This entire time I was playing the fool. It was Carter, that lying backstabbing hoe of a friend. All of the years! All of this time! We had children together, what was that black bastard thinking! And Mica, I expected better...

All of the reasons I fell in love with this man had vanished for the only thoughts I could manage to bring about him was that he was number one on my kill list. I looked at my medicine cabinet, groping around knocking nearly every pill out of sight. There were no more anxiety pills. I felt my body freeze. What the hell was I to do? I knew without my pills I would most certainly do some thing I'd regret. Then I heard the door slam shut. My anger returned. Twice as hard if not.

Mica was trotting up the steps slowly, not prepared for how badly I would blow up on him. Of all his years being married with me and witnessing my anxiety attacks on him, this one would be the worst. He came into our master bedroom and dropped his bag onto our luxurious couch. He took a glimpse at me then reverted his eyes back once he realized I'd been staring at him for quite a while. "What the hell is it now, Danielle?" He retorted.

"Mica how could you?! How could you, you bitch!?" I said coming towards him with a knife in my hand, tears smeared onto my cheeks with running eyeliner. "Danielle, do not come near me with that knife! Or so help me God-

"Or what? Or you'll cheat on me the way you have been doing for the past years!? Or will you give me HIV instead!?" I said thrusting my knife towards him. He had his hands up in surrender, and also for protection just in case my mind went south and I really decided to stab his ass.

"What the hell are you talking about-" he paused for a second and slowly dropped his arms. "Danielle, I'm sorry-

"Hold your fucking apology asshole! I can't begin to believe you! We were MARRIED, Mica! We were engaged to be together for a lifetime!" I said as the tears surfaced even harder, "We had kids! For all these years has that meant nothing to you?!! And you gave her HIV?!! What does that mean for me?!! What does that mean for your future child?!!"

It was too late to turn back. I had just insinuated to him that I was pregnant. "Danielle?" He asked as his eyes grew wide and his mouth dropped. "You're pregnant?"

"Yes, you sonofabifch. I have been carrying your child, Mica. And while I'm carrying your child and tending to your children, you're out here proposing to some broad and catching diseases!" I hollered at him, the knife still in my hands. He looked dumbfounded, surprised, guilty, hurt, all in one.

"I want a divorce from you!!!" I screamed.

"Danielle I don't understand what you mean? What disease? HIV? Proposal?" He said coming closer as I took two steps back.

"Don't play dumb, you know EXACTLY what I'm talking about! You're marrying Carter, and you've been fucking her for some years, and now she has HIV! I wouldn't be surprised if she already had the disease with her whore ass, but that doesn't mean that you probably don't have it either." I scoffed. Mica's eyes bulged from his head, you could tell he was alarmed.

"Danielle, I'm so so so sorry-

"Mica I don't want your fucking apology! I'm not giving you my forgiveness! What I want is a divorce from you and your bullshit! If you want to marry her then go on ahead, have her, and she'll be the only woman you have!" I hollered.