Chapter 7

Niall's POV:

*Sigh* The first day of school was well the first day of school. Everyone seemed to have a nice time, except for me. The lads and I all met up and went to all our classes together and sat together at lunch. We met two new people that ended up joining our little gang and they are terrific. Their names are Hannah and Jasmine. They're a pretty great couple of girls, they don't seem to be so crazed about us like most girls. Which is quite refreshing. But they do seem to be falling for a few of us, I caught Hannah starring at Zayn and Jasmine was constantly talking to Harry throughout the day. That's to be expected though.

I didn't talk to either of the girls much during the day because, well... girls usually don't notice me very much, especially around the other lads. They mostly crushed on Harry, Louis, Zayn, and Liam, rarely ever me. I guess I'm just not as attractive as them...

Well, it is now my second day of high school and I know that it's probably not going to be any better than the first. When I walked through the front door of the school I noticed that Jasmine was leaning on one of the pillars by herself and listening to some music. I decide to walk over to her and greet her goodmorning.

"Good morning, Jasmine." I said with what felt like a huge awkward smile.

She unplugged her headphones and said, "Oh, mornin Niall."

"So um, whatcha listening to?" I said as I stretched my arms awkwardly.

"One of you guys' song actually. I downloading the album off of iTunes last night." she replied as she held up her iPod screen to show me.

"Ahh I see, do you like it?"

"Very much so!" she exclaimed.

"Really? Well, that's great because you're probably going to hear a lot of our music from now on. You and Hannah both." I said with a wink.

She laughed and replied "Oh really?"

"Well I hope so." I said with what sounded like a flirtatious tone.

This was very odd for me. I never uh, "flirted" before. Hmm. We continued to talk. And talk and talk and talk. Now that I think about it, this was the longest conversation that I've ever had with a girl. I don't know why but, it was extremely comfortable talking to Jasmine. It was like I was talking to Liam or something. But wait, doesn't Jasmine like Harry? Why was she flirting with me? This was very peculiar.

When the bell rang, I decided to just walk with her to our first period. She walked pretty close and I wasn't sure if this was because we were crowded or she just felt comfortable standing this close to me. As we were walking, the most sudden thing happened. she tripped over somebody's foot and nearly fell face first onto the hard carpeted floor if it wasn't for me. I don't know what cam over me, I just Uh, caught her. It was like this huge rush of adrenaline. It was like every fiber of my being didn't want her to fall. I just COULDN'T let her fall. I caught her by the waist and when she looked up it was like her dark brown eyes were piercing into my soul.

"Oh wow, thanks for catching me. That would've been bad." she said gratefully.

"You're most certainly welcome. Just call me Super Niall!" I replied with a huge smile. I noticed that I was still holding her.

"Well, Super Niall, we better get to class before we're super late." she said as she moved from grip and started pulling me by the arm down the hall.

We ran to our first period and ended up breathless when we entered.

"Woah, what have you guys been up to that has gotten you so out of breath?" Harry said with one of his signature smirks.

Jasmine and I both ignored his perverted remark and walked toward our seats. I kept on looking over at Jasmine with confusion on what just happened. Did we just have "a moment"? This was all too new for me, she was the first girl that has actually tLked to me like that before and hanged out with me like that. Well this has been one heck of morning..