Like a Walk in the Park

So I decided to post early....I bet you guys are happy. XD
(Prologue Sorta) 

The night sky was illuminated with far off city lights, Dallas Texas was the city. Sitting in a silent semi vacant bus was a lone figure. There was a suitcase at their feet, headphones on their head, and their clothes consisted of sweats and a hoodie which was up and hid their face. Hair could be seen spilling down their shoulders from the hood, but it was too dark to tell what the color was. The person's head leaned against the bus window, hands stuffed into their hoodie. Sunglasses sat upon a slender nose, only the left side of their face could faintly be seen, but not enough to distinguish gender or age of the person. Whoever the person was, it was obvious they were trying to keep a low profile.

Hours passed, it was 5 something in the morning when the bus came to a stop. Only one person of the five people on the bus got up to leave. The lone person stood to their feet, head low and suitcase in hand. No one even glanced their way as they went down the steps of the bus and exited. 

The figure walked silently down the sidewalks of the peaceful town. Street lamps illuminated the path as they went on their way. No particular destination in mind, their only goal was to find a place to stay for however long they planned to stick around. When they finally found what they were looking for, the process of getting a room was quick. It was a dingy place, the sign flickered outside, the walls were thin and had trashy looking wallpaper, and not to mention the flooring was in awful shape. The person's room was no different, graffiti on the walls, the carpet was stained and as clean as it was going to get. It had the strong stench of musk, urine, and weed. Despite how disgusting the room was, the person seemed to relax.

"This is it." A sigh escaped the figure as they sat on the bed of the motel room.

Maybe  they could relax a bit longer than last time?

The figure pulled the hoodie off and laid it over the pillow, the woman sighed as she laid down and went to sleep.

It was supposed to be a simple day. All she had to do was go to the grocery store, get food, and go back to the motel. It wasn't like she was asking for any attention. For once she was hoping for some peace and quiet in her life, that was the reason she came to this small mundane city. It was a fresh start to her new life, the city was not too big and not too small, everybody was friendly but minded their own business, and most of all, no one knew her.

Yet here she was, running for her life as a giant metal titan chased after her.

What did it want from her?

She didn't want to find that out to be honest. So she ran as fast as her slender legs would take her, and that was pretty fast. She thanked herself on her decision to wear tennis shoes, she was so close to putting on a pair of heels.

"Fuck." She hissed to herself.

She was pretty used to running from things. The cops, thugs, dogs, her past, but she never thought she'd ever be running from a giant robot. She couldn't say she welcomed this change.

"Running is futile little squishy! Just give up!"  The titan sneered with a dark laugh.

Like hell she would give up! What did the giant fucker expect her to hand herself over on a silver platter with a giant red apple in her mouth.

As if.

"Fuck you!" She all but screamed as she rolled to the side to avoid the beast's attempt to snatch her up. She hissed in pain when her flesh scrapped against the cement, but she had no time to dwell on such a petty wound.

She'd have a lot worse to worry about if that thing managed to get its claws on her.

People were running around screaming, cars were crashing into each other and objects as she weaved through the mess, the robot obviously catching a lot of attention. The large menacing robot snarled as it chunked a car out of its path, faintly she could hear a faint scream of agony, but she didn't want to linger on it too much.

Seeing the opportunity that would allow her to escape, the golden haired woman took it. The slender woman ran through caution tape to launch herself down into the opening of a man hole. 

She knew she'd come to regret her actions only slightly. 

Luckily, she had quick enough reflexes, so as she fell, she managed to grab a hold of the metal bars that formed the latter down into the man hole. Due to her weight and the speed she was falling, when she managed to grab a hold of the bar, her wrist popped painfully and her body slammed against the bars below. She cried out in pain and let go of the bar. In a matter of seconds she found herself landing on slick slimy concrete. Her back popped from the force of her land, and she laid there wheezing.

That hurt.

The beast screetched in absolute fury from above. She could hear loud crashes and banging, almost as if the thing was throwing a tantrum.

"Don't think you've escaped me! I will have you!" The thing snarled, its red eyes glaring down at her

Bruised and hurting, the woman forced herself up and began to walk away from the opening. She paused once a good enough distance away to look around, she cursed to herself, she didn't know where she was going. She didn't want to risk that thing catching her, so she knew she'd have to find a location to get out that was far away from the area she landed.

"Think Orabelle, you should know how to get yourself out of this mess." The woman, Orabella, pep talked herself. She rubbed at the right side of her face that was hidden under the mess of golden curls that was her hair. She kept the hair there, not going to move it from her right eye.

Orabella immediately decided staying in place would be the best option, the thing would probably leave the area, assuming she'd find another way out. There was no possible way it would stick around, especially after the mess it made.

Too bad her phone was broken when she was trying to make her escape, she could have called her brother, although that wouldn't have done much good considering he was all the way in Italy, and she was in Texas. Like hell she would ever call the police, they were useless to her, only caused more problems than solving them. She didn't trust figures of authority, especially police. It was something she learned while she was younger.

She bit her lip as she rubbed her throbbing wrist, it was definitely sprained, and she was lucky she didn't break it. Orabella sat down and got as cozy as she could, she was going to be there for awhile.

Orabella wasn't entirely sure how many hours had passed while she sat there, she had dozed off for a bit, but eventually woke up to a pounding headache. The putrid smell was getting to her, how she couldn't wait for fresh air.

Deciding she had waited long enough, Orabella climbed up the latter and peeked her head out. Police cars were everywhere, people were crowding around trying to get a look at the scene. Orabella for one didn't want to stick around a moment longer, especially when the place was swarming with cops. 

Once she was out of the man hole she quickly shimmied off into a nearby alley and let out a sigh of relief.

"Finally." She muttered as she rubbed the back of her hand on her forehead.

There was almost a long pause in time for Orabella as a sinking feeling went over her. The sun still sat in the sky, mocking her with a sense of calm, but clouds that sat ominously off in the distance told the young woman otherwise. Orabella was very aware of how hard her heart was pumping, sweat slid down her forehead, and she felt it start at her temple and go down to her neck. She swallowed with ice in her veins, as time seemed to finally started moving again, and she slowly looked over to the presence she was very now very aware of.

"Got you"

She just couldn't get a break, could she?