Chapter 8

Cancer P.O.V

Three days, four nights. Three days, four nights since the death of my father. It was raining for those three days, as if grieving for the most famous chef AND actor. Yes, my dad is pretty famous, but my mom is the secretary for the president. Yeah, she's planning on running for president for the next election. Wait, how did grieving get to explaining my family's jobs and ambitions? Well never mind.. today is Thursday and there was something that came up and most of the teachers just ran out. I wonder why... the principle just said, "The 12 gates," and the teachers screamed. But, the P.E teacher Mr. Wolf, who was apparently new here, dragged us to a camp.

I yawned, one hour into this bus ride and Aries had now just pissed off the driver by pouring milk on him. Everyone, but the driver and Mr. Wolf, was either smirking, giggling, and/or laughing their butts off. I was giggling... Virgo was laughing her butt off and so was Pisces. "MR. RAM!!" Mr. Wolf was furious, the bus driver opened the doors as Mr. Wolf yelled, "GO OUT AND KEEP UP WITH US!" he pushed Aries out the door after tying a strong rope to both his wrists. You could see everyone's faces when Mr. Wolf tied both the other ends of the ropes onto the back of the bus and got back on leaving Aries outside. The driver started driving and now you could hear the loud pants from Aries outside. I sighed looking out the window, this was awkward... seeing everyone's eyes on the bus probably looking at Aries.

Virgo poked me, "So, you've been quiet. I know your father died..." she whispered, I sent her a glare surprising her. I mean, I never show anyone my cold side. I shook my head, we were in the back seats and right now I wish that Pisces, Libra, and Virgo just would stop pestering me. I absolutely hated it, I just want to be... in solitude. They've been trying to tell me to talk and stuff.   That's when a vein popped on Virgo's temple.

"JUST 'CAUSE YOUR FATHER'S DEAD DOESN'T MEAN YOU HAVE TO PUSH EVERYONE AWAY FOR FOUR DAYS!!" She screamed, everyone stared at us. A few tears slipped from my eyes, "YOU DON'T HAVE TO POINT IT OUT OKAY?!" I took a few deep breathes, be calm... BE CALM!! Ugh... I can't be calm, not when my first words four days to someone was something which involved me shouting. "Don't waste your words on me, 'cause it's useless." I told them, I looked past the window. We were now in a green valley, I sighed, how I wish life in the city was this calming and beautiful. All of a sudden Virgo had turned me to face her, "What's useless? My wish that you'd just stop this all, 'I am so sad, I will just put myself in solitude' act. Four days of ignoring your friends, what is wrong with you?!" she shook my shoulders. I looked away, she's right, what's wrong with me? Oh, yeah! "It's called grieving." I snapped quickly, she was taken back looking away, not sure how to react to this.

I looked away to the window and sighed. I stared at the sky, it was lighting up a bit. Oh, it was lightning. Someone tapped my shoulder, Pisces... "Hey Cancer..." she smiled, I smiled back. "You know, I lost a cousin of mine..." she told me not looking at me. I gaped, "She was the sweetest, sweeter than me!" she giggled then sighed her small smile turning into a frown. "But one day she was helping a woman across the street, when a car came rushing by. She took the hit for the old woman, sacrificing herself." she whimpered remembering the thought, "It was right in front of my eyes," I felt myself tear up. "I haven't yet stopped grieving, and that was when I was 13..." she looked at me, "So, please, you can grieve all you want, 'cause I won't mind. You can cry on my shoulder, I won't complain." she soothed I smiled. A single tear running down my cheek, my small smile quickly changed into a beaming bright one.

"Uh... Pisces? How'd you do that?" Virgo asked quickly taking out a notepad and a pen getting ready to take notes. "Um... I told the truth? And related to her problem, then I gave her comfort?" Pisces was greatly confused, Virgo quickly jotted them down. I giggled, Taurus looked behind her seat staring at me, a smile tugging at her lips. "She laughed!" she stated, that's when Aries panted, "WAIT, WHAT?! CANCER GIGGLES AND TALKS WHEN I'M IN MY PUNISHMENT?!" I mouthed 'oh' I nearly forgot about him. That's when the bus stopped,

"WE'RE HERE!!"