22. Halloween

22

Halloween

I spent pretty much the whole day getting ready; it had been two weeks since Billy had died and Elias had spent the two days after comforting me, I still hadn’t spoke to Casey... with nothing to say there didn’t seem to be much of a point, but like many of the customers, he would be at the party tonight, so I would have to face him sooner or later.

When I was completely sure I was ready I heard the door ring, walking down the stairs and opening the door, I had to take a moment to take in what was actually in front of me, Elias naked except a pair of red boxers, a red cape, shoes and horns.

“W-Wow...” I breathed as he smirked.

“You like Doll face?” he cooed and I blushed which he instantly took for me saying I did like it as his arm wrapped around my waist and he escorted me towards the venue.

“You look extremely sexy right now... I have half a mind to miss the party” he purred in my ear as he smirked and I blushed.

“I’m glad you like it” I replied, suddenly not feelings so scantily dressed when walking beside him, but unlike me, he didn’t seem to have any shame with his body and seemed to embrace the looks he was getting from the different guys and girls we passed, the girls looked like they wanted to jump him while the guys looked like they wanted to kill him.

Giggling gently I walked a little faster alongside him, my body close to his as I walked and brushed a hand through my hair. It was cold, to say the least on the walk there, the cold wind nipped at every inch of skin it could get to and every inch was a lot since most of my body was out in the open.

By the time we arrived at the party, the scent of sweat, drugs, sex and alcohol was already strong in the air, to anyone that wasn’t used to it, this would make them gag, but having been working in this kind of environment long enough, it was just the norm. I used to think sex was meant to be something special. But now I know that’s rubbish, it’s how, sweaty and disgusting. There was nothing appealing about it.

I sighed and let Elias lead me between the writhing bodies and couples plastered against the wall.  Arriving in the kitchen I was passed a bottle of beer and led back out to the living room, not noticing the females on me from all angles. I shrugged them off however, they could look, but I knew what was wrong. They were all girls that had slept with Elias; all girls he had told were ‘the ones’ bullshit, none of them was the one. None of them meant anything to him, just like none of the boys meant anything to me; none of them other than Casey meant anything to me. And even then, Casey wasn’t who I thought he would be, he didn’t mean what I thought he should.

Elias got us through the main crowd until we were stood in the garden, drinks in hand, gently grinding and dancing on each other at the music that could still be heard inside the party. Chatting absentmindedly I was pulled from the conversation with an arm wrapping around my waist.

“Huh?” I turned slowly as I noticed.... Casey.

“Hey” he whispered his voice low and distant as I looked up at him and frowned.

“Hey, Casey...” I muttered as I bit on my lower lip, feeling Elias tense ever so slightly but I didn’t think much of it as Casey grabbed my hand and carefully pulled me free from the larger male.

“Why have you been ignoring me Lana?” his voice sounded so sad, it almost broke my heart to know I had caused him pain- no, I couldn’t get attached, especially to someone so innocent, so sweet. He wasn’t my type, he never would be, this had to end... this had to end now.

“Casey... I can’t do this anymore. I’m done. Find another girl, I’m not going to be taking your calls. I was ignoring you because I didn’t want to face the fact that I’m done...” I said gently, sadly even. Kissing his cheek I turned away to walk back to Elias, looking over my shoulder I gave a sad smile.

“Goodbye Casey... you can find much better than me” I whispered, and with that I was gone, back into Elias’ arms. Or so I’d hoped. But no, he was busy talking to a client so I hovered around waiting for him to finish. I couldn’t get Casey out of my mind, even in his chefs outfit he was so damn adorable. Watching the men talking I ran a hand through my hair, the eyes on me were starting to get closer, a group of girls headed towards me, all smirking and glaring as they stepped up in front of me, eyes stayed on me as they managed to move themselves in a way that pulled me from Elias and off into a dark corner.

No words came from anyone’s lips.

No words needed to yet.

It was clear what was going to happen....

Looking at the scantily clad bunnies, playboy bunnies and cats I shook my head and sighed.

“How can I help you?” I smirked, knowing it’d bug them if I was polite. They all glared, as if in unison. It was starting to become scary how in sync these chicks where. They even blinked at the same time and breathed at the same time, but I didn’t let it faze me. I knew what the issue was and the situation wasn’t going to change, no matter how angry they got about it.

“You know what” a blond snarled and I rolled my eyes.

“What? That Elias has thrown you to the side just like all the others?” I asked bitterly and they all nodded.

“We shouldn’t be so angry though... he’ll get bored of you too” a redhead replied and I shrugged.

“So? I’m not going to get attached to him, if he ditches me, he ditches me” I said coldly.

“That’ll change... when he actually leaves you, you’ll realize how much you really do love him” a brunette smirked and I shrugged.

“I really don’t care what happens....” I shrugged and turned to walk away, but one of the still unnamed girls grabbed me and pulled me back.

“You don’t want to do that” I sighed and watched as they circled me again, like a pack of hungry wolves that had found the weak antelope.

Little did they know, this antelope could fight!