17. Get her!

17.

Get Her!

Lana’s Father’s POV

Flicking through more papers on my desk I started to make a list of the people we had already gotten and the people we were still owned money from.

“Gregory....” A male voice yelled up the stairs.

“What?” I shouted back, running an irritable hand through my hair and looked up at the time. Someone needed to sort this Lana girl out, it had been too long and she had been given too many chances and yet the money hadn’t been given up.

Enough was enough.

A man came in, his face solemn as he looked up nervously. “Yes?” I instantly spat, the faster he was done the faster I could send some of my best men out to get that stupid girl.

“It’s Jess, she’s been killed” he replied quietly and I tilted my head.

“What do you mean? When?” I asked angrily, rising to my feet and towering over him as I growled.

“Just now... we were out getting Seb and she got in the way and got shot” He spoke, his voice hushed and filled with remorse.

“You let her die? You should have jumped in front of the gun for her” I snarled, angry he had let my wife get killed.

“I’m sorry boss... it happened too fast... I didn’t have a chance to save her, I told her to stay back and I tried to get in the way, but I didn’t stand a chance” brushing off his comment I sighed and turned my back on him, walking around the table to sit back on my desk chair I spun it so my back was still to him.

“Get Ben” I demanded and without another word he scurried off. In moments the door reopened and heavy footsteps made their way over to me.

“What did you want?” Ben’s voice broke my wall of thought as I slowly turned back to face him.

“I need you to get Lana Menson for me” I replied as I threw the file over to him and watched him read through it.

“Will do boss.... I’ll have her in a few hours” he replied with a wink before he head out of the house and down the stairs to start his job.

She’s dead...

She’s really dead....

I couldn’t help but being to think over everything, my second wife, the one I genuinely loved, and know she was gone and the last thing I had said to her had been so mean. We’d been fighting because she didn’t want to go out and get Seb and now she was gone. Really gone. With a sigh I rose to my feet, not feeling like doing anything anymore I made my way down stairs and into my bedroom where I curled up on the bed and slowly fell asleep.

A few hours passed and I was woken to a loud female scream ringing through the house, with a loud sigh I rose to my feet and walked into the living room to find a girl with long black hair with Ben stood behind her, her arms pinned behind her back pushing her upper body up as she hissed and lashed, struggling to get free of the hold.

“Lana?” I asked, my voice void of any emotion as I watched her closely.

“What?” she snarled as she lashed more but Ben was strong as he held onto her wrists so tight I could have sworn they would bruise pretty bad. I didn’t want her to be damaged for now, if she gave over the money I wanted no traces my men had been there. No traces she had been attacked.

“I believe you owe us a lot of money Lana” I smirked as I walked closer, circling her like a shark with its next meal.

“I may...” she replied with a shrug as she struggled more.

“And where is the money?”

“I don’t know... I don’t have it” she replied with a small shrug, but as she looked at me, something seemed to click, somewhere in the back of her mind.

“Gregory?” she asked forcing me to give her a startled look.

“Yes... how do you know my name?” I replied as I watched her closely.

“Because....” she started, taking a deep breath, I could see her cheeks turning slightly red with rage.

“You’re the asshole that divorced my mother.... You’re the prick that walked out on us when I was 9” she spat as she gave another struggle, this time Ben let go, not deliberately but out of shock, Lana lunged at me, pinning me to the floor as she clawed at every part of my body she could, hissing and spitting.

“So?” I replied, not fully registering what she was saying and what I was registering didn’t mean anything, I wasn’t the kind of person that would stick to one woman.... other than Jess, but only because we had an understanding. She could have a few other men and I could have a few other women. It was perfect, no one else would agree to something like this, this chicks mother definitely hadn’t agreed to it, which was why this had happened in the first place, she had been too smothering.

“So... you’re my dad you dumbass” Lana replied, clearly getting annoyed at the situation as she watched me closely and tried her best to stay somewhat calm.

“I have no children, I made sure of that” I replied, shrugging her off as I turned my back on her... there were some similarities, but that didn’t make me her father.

“Well you where wrong, you do have one child, and she’s standing right in front of you” she spat and I shook my head.

“Get the money off her or kill her” I snapped before walking out of the room and slamming the door shut behind me.