Chapter 20

Chapter 20

Ross' POV:

What? Why hasn't she told me! I'm her boyfriend!

I was furious. When the signing was over, I went out to the bus to find her. I had to talk to her about this. She wasn't on the bus or in her car.

"Lauren!" I called. Then I heard it. Someone was crying. I walked over to the tree I heard it coming from and there she was. She looked up at me with red, puffy eyes. She saw the note in my hand and started crying again. My anger disappeared.

"What's wrong babe?" I asked kneeling down next to her and placing my hand on her back. She shied away from me and got up and walked away. When she was about 5 feet away she stopped and turned around.

"She told you. Through that note. I was going to tell you but I was waiting for the right time." She said, anger and pain covering her face. Tears were still streaming down her face. My anger returned.

"Well why didn't you just tell me from the start instead of lying to me! I don't know if I can trust you now. How am I supposed to know if you truly do love me!" I yelled at her. Her eyes got wide.

"I can't believe you! You're mad at me when that little ignorant bitch has tried to ruin my life every time I'm happy! How am I supposed to think you love me if you're giving her what she wants! I wanted to spend today happy because tomorrow I have to go back to Ohio for a couple months! Maybe I won't even come back!" She screamed. She turned around and ran to her car. I just stood there as she pulled out and left. What have I done?

"Ross, what's all the yelling about?" Riker asked. I turned around and broke down.

"She's gone! I blew it! And all over this stupid note." I said through the tears. Riker took the note and read it. He looked up at me and pulled me into a hug.

"No you haven't. You just have to win her back." He said, a smile creeping on his face.

"How?" I asked.

"Just trust me, everything is going to be fine."