Walking After You

I made my way through the thick crowd on the sunset strip; weaving around people, and trying my best not to run into anyone. I pulled on my sunglasses and noticed a tall figure following me. I could see his reflection in my sunglasses, and instantly knew who it was. I made some illogical moves and could see them scrambling to do the same from afar. A small smirk tugged at my lips as I  rounded a corner to an alley. I leant back on a wall and kicked my foot up on the wall behind me. I could see the person cautiously enter the alley and lift their sunglasses on the top of their head. 

"Lost there, McKagan?" I called out

A smile tugged at his lips, "No, are you?" He made his way closer to me

"No." I replied with a small smile

"It really is you." I heard him say quietly, as I slipped my sunglass on the top of my head

He towered over me, just like he used to and stared at me with his striking green eyes.  His face looked thinner and his hair looked dull and thin. He didn't look too healthy at all.

"What're you doing here, Isbell?" Duff asked deeply and put a hand on the all behind me, caging me in; I shrunk away

"I-I came to see-" 

"Me?" Duff smirked

"Don't flatter yourself." I scoffed

"I came to see, Izzy."  I said

"And Slash." I blurted 

"Slash?" Duff growled

"Why do you want to see Slash?" Duff said in disgust

"He's my friend. I saw Axl too and Matt." I said quickly

Duff furrowed his eyebrows as he stared down at me; I shivered.

"Did you miss me?" Duff asked

"No." I replied and looked away from his gaze

"Feisty are we?" Duff chuckled

"Well, I missed you, little one." Duff said

"I'm sure you did." I muttered

Duff smirked as he met my eyes. I slowly started to melt again and all the old memories flooded back in. The way he would always look ay me with loving eyes and a soft smile. The way I would melt under his touch and beg for more.

"How long are you here for?" He asked

"Forever." 

"Really?" Duff's eyes lit up

"Yes, really." I said

"You look beautiful." Duff commented 

"Thank you." I blushed

"I better go." I mumbled and started to stand upright

Duff put both hands on either side of the wall and pushed me back, and pressed his lips against mine. I wanted so badly to pull away but I couldn't bring myself to. It had been so long since I've been able to touch Duff and be so close to him, and no matter how mad I was at him, he still made me feel like the only girl in the world. 

I finally pulled myself away from him and started to run back down the street. 

"Wait, Taylor!" I heard Duff yell, but I just kept running.

.. 

I slowly walked up to Izzy's apartment and opened the door, slumping against it. Izzy was chasing after Theo until he saw me. He straightened up and stared at me.