Aaron - a werewolfs pride ch2 - writing my own death sentence

Chapter two white lily - withering  

writing my own death sentence

It was already dark outside, when I woke up in a small room, which smelled of herbs. 

My head hurt and my throat felt funny, nice one Aaron, was all I thought. 

Great because of him, the sisters would be angry with me, for not coming home.  I would go hungry this night again.

He was my fiancée, but spending the night in his cottage was out of question. Even if he had chocked me, the rules were clear. 

And I still had to prepare the herbs in the bag, I had left with the sister. That meant work, for at least two nights.

"You awake?" a husky voice asked me from the corner, where I couldn't see him. I sat up straight, just thinking that there was a man in my room, in the middle of the night.

"Don't worry, I didn't kill you before, I'm not doing it now... at last not this night." he added warningly.

"What do you want?" my voice was weak, shaking and my throat hurt with every word.

He chuckled a bit and stood up, I could make out his golden eyes in the dark, they were shining, glaring dangerously my way. And there is no need to say, that my hairs stood on their ends. Yes, he scared me but I had seen worse, as an orphan you see things, children really shouldn't know of.

"You know girl, you better learn some manners soon. This house has rules and a nothing like you will follow them." He took my chin in his rough hands, making me look in his face, thought I could barely make out his strong features in the moonlit room.

"I'm not a nothing." I mumbled in his palm, looking straight in his eyes. 

He back handed me, right across the face, not the cheek, the whole face, his damn hand was way too big. If I hadn't been in the bed, I would have fallen to my knees. As if I didn't look pathetic enough now, that fat tears rolling down my hot cheek, I couldn't even look straight, losing all sense of what was up and down, for several moments.

"And this is the first rule girl. Don't talk back, not to me, not to the others and especially not to my 'dear' mother. Got that?" he put some loose strands behind my ear, my heart skipped a beat, from his touch and I saw him smile, but it didn't reach his eyes.

"You will do the chores, the women give you, you will be respectful to every man, and you won't leave the estate without permission from either me or my mother. Did you understand?"  

I nodded once holding the left side of my face, I felt him sight near my head, his breath smelled of wine and apple. He knelt down beside my bed, rubbing his temples.

"How old are you?" he asked his voice sounding soft and tired. "Twelve, Thirteen?" he guessed as I hesitated.

I answered bemused by his wrong guesses, I was well into marriageable age "Almost sixteen." but couldn't stop laughing as his eyes almost bulged out by surprise.

"That's not funny, don't lie!" he hissed. While pushing my back down into the mattress. I hovered my arms above my face, afraid he would hit me again, my breathing was uneven, my heart tried to jump out of my chest. I was like a small bunny in front of the giant wolf.

"I'm fifteen, sixteen in summer." I shrieked in a small voice, as his grip became harder fearing he would break some bones.

He let me out, burring his face in the bed, I peeked out of my arms and shoved my body to the corner, as far as possibly from him. I looked at him, with hate and fear in my eyes. He didn't move at all, like he wasn't even breathing and I wished he would suffocate himself in the mattress. I had done nothing to him, he was at least 10 years older than me, if not more I heard these monsters could become hundreds of years old and would never age! But I had to marry him, me the small orphan that had nothing, and he was blaming it on me? As if I had wished for it! I just wanted to live peaceful at the coven with the sisters that cared at least a bit about me!