Aaron- a werewolfs pride ch 6 peaceful days

Chapter 6 p 1

I hate this. 

It was all I thought, when I woke in the morning, and when I went to bed in the night. 

I hated this.

I didn't dare to look straight into Aarons eyes, who regarded me as a nothing- and everyone was well aware that he treated me like an ant.

Other than that, I noticed that Aaron was respected, not because his mother was the pack leader, but because he was strong and reliable. He took care of his pack, which was no easy task with almost twenty brute monsters. With that counting only the males.

And also thanks to Aaron, lady Gandowolf postponed our wedding for an unknown date, probably somewhere in spring or summer.

I myself, was locked inside of the house, I even hadn't been allowed to go near Aslan, but at least he was left alone, grassing outside the stall day and night, since he wouldn't follow anyone in there.

Lucky him.

My chores were easy thought, beside lady Gandowolf only the blond kind woman, Beatrice, gave me work, the rest ignored me to the point even I felt non-existent. Washing clothes and drying herbs, sometimes cooking, my monotonous days went on and winter came early over the lands, covering everything in pure white.

Now and then a sister would come and ask me to prepare some potions and ointments, if it wouldn't be for my sister Rose I would probably forget how to talk, my singing was disturbing and more than yes, for an answer improper.

In one of those days sister Rose had visited with a bag full of herbs good against ulcerations, obviously for the village people, she had asked me something I had thought of for a long time.

"You must hate me, for giving you up so easily." sister Rose voice was but a whisper, almost swallowed by the cracking fire she was staring at. It was the first time she had asked me, before winter broke in. 

Yes, I thought, I had should have hated her for this too, but at the end it was the fathers decision. 

"No, I wouldn't hate you for it, at the end I would have wandered the woods alone till I died. Nothing's worse- nothing's better."

And it was true, my hate didn't last for long, I was different, even to these monsters, I was different and therefore something feared and avoided, should I hate them for thinking like everyone? I would also think like this, if it weren't me, but it is me, and if god wants I will find my way in this life. I will die peaceful in the end, the only thing I regret is not having my revenge. On the other hand, would revenge make me happy?  

I doubt it.

So I continued, shrubbing the floors, washing the clothes in icy water, eating as little as possible so that I was not a burden. Though I felt hated by the girls in this estate, no one really talked to me and even my own began to sound alien.

"You are very unobservant." the mortar almost slipped out of my hands and my head snapped up to look at an annoyed Aaron. He had a scratch on his chest, but it was already healing.