Chapter 1

Darkness filled the Void. Walking, not even running seemed to get Mark anywhere. What had he seen these last few nights, and why? There had to be a reason, but if anyone in the world could be shown these things, why him? All he had heard was a voice in his head, telling him that all would be clear soon, but when was "soon"? Nothing made sense anymore.

"A young spirit, confused at the sight of nothingness," said the familiar voice that Mark couldn't yet put a face to. "Get used to the Void, Mark. This is what I've been living in for the past thirteen years since I was born."

Mark turned around to hopefully see the face of the voice, and this time, he did.

A young teenage girl with glitchy red hair, and wearing a white petticoat. She looked exactly like a ghost. Her bright red eyes stared through him, sending a chill down his spine. The face looked exactly how he'd imagined it, evil.

"What you don't understand just yet is why I've chosen to share this experience with you," she said. "The reason why is that you are one of the most special people I've ever seen." The girl stepped closer to him, circling him. "You endured the toughest of times. Heartbreak, abuse, emptiness, insomnia, even immense amounts of physical pain, yet you still. Aren't. Spiritual. You have no religion. You don't even fit into being Unitarian. The closest religion I can group you with is Buddhism! You, sir, are an odd soul."

"Why would you care if I have a religion or not?" Mark retaliated. "You haven't even told me your name, if you even have one!"

"I am the Voltox," said the girl. "I am the dark part of the mind of a girl who knows you, and looks up to you. My only purpose is to cause her nightmares."

"But why?" Mark asked. "Why is that your only purpose? Surely there's something better for you to do! Why not cause her good dreams instead of bad ones?"

"Because I don't know how to make her happy, and I don't want to see her happy!" the Voltox shouted. "Now, how about I show you the real reason why I need you here," she had calmed down immediately. "Shall we, Markimoo?"

*****

Jordan had been satisfied for three days with how incredible the last dream was. It had given him enough motivational energy to keep recording high energy videos with his siblings and cracking some of the best jokes they'd had in ages. However, the channel, MysteryClan, had been posting comments on the videos that not only grabbed Jordan's attention, but worried him. One of the comments told him to watch a video explaining a dream that the creator of the channel, MysterystarOasis13, had. Jordan watched it, and was terrified at what he saw.

Mysterystar had what she called "indirect prophetic prediction dreams", where she would she bits and pieces of the future in the form of a storyboard or short plot. This dream, she had called "The Humatronics". After a bit of the basic explanation, an animated rendition of the dream appeared.

It started as a still image of four people standing on a small stage, with their heads down. Jordan suddenly realized, these four people were him and his siblings, seemingly turned into cyborg animatronics, powered down. Then, Jordan heard the creepiest sound he'd ever heard in his entire life. It was crying. Disturbed, grieving, scared crying. The image panned to show a man curled up in the corner, wearing a mask that resembled the Marionette from Five Nights at Freddy's , with his head buried in his knees. This was who was crying. At first, Jordan couldn't make out who it was, but then saw green dyed hair. Jack? Footsteps were heard, and the man Jordan was assuming was Jack snapped his masked face up to look in the direction of the sound and cower. A man in a purple lab coat stained with blood passed by without stopping to look at anything. He was fixed on the door he was headed to. Once the man was concealed by the door, more screaming was heard, and a booming laugh. The man in the corner contracted once more, and resumed crying until that was the only sound that remained.

Jordan was beyond disturbed. This was a dream that Mysterystar had? She had explained that she'd had this dream a second time, but Jordan hadn't anticipated it being this bad! If this dream had reoccurred, that meant that something bad was about to happen very, very soon.