Chapter 2

Nightfall had arrived. Everything seemed peaceful as the Fryes fell asleep, one by one. None of them wanted to fall asleep, due to insomnia from the video, but they were dragged into the pits of deep sleep from an unidentifiable force. The next morning, only the parents, Paula and Michael woke up.

"We need to wake up the kids," Paula suggested. "They don't ever sleep this late."

Paula had taken responsibility in waking the girls, while Michael woke up the boys. Unfortunately, none of them woke up at all. Not even a single response. Each of the siblings were seemingly brain dead, and completely unresponsive. While Paula was still crying about the discovery, Michael called an ambulance.

Each of the siblings were in comas, but, thankfully, not brain dead. Their brainwaves, however were soon closely monitored, as they each showed signs of irregular heartbeat at random times, hyperventilation, even seizures. But no one knew the real reason why they were experiencing these episodes. No one knew that they were sharing another dream. No one knew that this would be the most horrific nightmare imaginable.

*******

Jordan woke up slowly, wondering how long he'd been unconscious. Something felt off, though. He wasn't lying down, he was strapped to the wall! His feet weren't even touching the ground! Jordan began to panic, and tried to move his body.

Nothing happened.

He tried again to move at least a little bit.

Nothing happened.

He tried to recognize the room he was in.

He couldn't.

Something was definitely wrong here.

Jordan began to feel scared. He'd never been in a position like this before, nor had he ever felt so threatened. He couldn't even move his muscles. Had he lost control of his body? What was going on?

Jordan tried to call out for help.

But nobody came.

After what seemed like hours, however, someone did come. The only door in the small room opened to reveal the man in the bloodstained purple lab coat. Only this time, Jordan could see his face.

Oh, God. Jordan thought in horror. Why?

"Sorry if I've made you uncomfortable, Jordan," said the man lifting his head. "But this time, I'm in control of your mind."

Jordan suddenly felt his muscles loosen, and found the strength to talk.

"Markiplier?" Jordan breathed, shakily. "What happened to you?"