Chapter 12

Jack made sure that the Humatronics were in tip-top condition for the night. Jack had to make sure he payed close attention. He would have to give commands directly to the Humatronics in order to succeed at this. Mark was one of the greatest Five Nights players of all time, so Jack had to be quick. He checked how the manual controls worked, as he needed to know how to confuse Mark and keep him on his toes. Would a 4/20 tactic work?

"I can't immediately set them to max right off the bat!" Jack told himself. The part of him that still believed in Mark was telling him to give him more of a chance. So he instead set the A.I.s to 17.

Midnight fell, and Jack was ready. Mark was in position five minutes early, but Jack decided to wait until the bell tolled 12. As soon as the clock on his computer changed, Jack went to work, conducting his symphony of impending doom. Freddy slicked through the shadows while Bonnie and Chica flanked the security room, approaching the doors on either side. Foxy slowly peeked out from behind his curtain, and occasionally made a run for it. However, every time any of the Humatronics reached a door, it was closed for just long enough, as to conserve power. Everything was conducted perfectly on both ends, and Jack was getting frustrated.

Then, the clock struck six.

Jack had never been so furious. He flopped face-first on his bed, and screamed in frustration. He knew Mark would be a challenge, but he hadn't anticipated it being so difficult. It seemed Jack had to up his game. This time, he really would pull all the stops. A.I.s to max 20, letting the Humatronics run wild.

There was still one problem that had slipped Jack's mind: Dan. Dan was slowly breaking from the torture Mark had put him and Arin through, and even though Arin was still confident to keep Jack's motives a secret, Dan was now desperate to make the living hell come to an end.

Jack realized he had to prepare for the worst, so he had to access the disabled cameras in the Safe Room where Arin and Dan were being held. He opened the security camera control board and found the selection for the Safe Room, which was fizzled out by static. Jack right-clicked on the button, bringing up a menu of options. One of those options was labeled "Activate", so Jack clicked on it, pulling up another window. The message on the new window was asking for administrator's access codes.

"Fuck," Jack muttered to himself. This wasn't just going to be a simple hacking mission after all. However, there was a feature he knew about, and that was to override controls. Jack clicked on the text box and typed "function_error_code_6537_override".

Jack had written this code down just in case he needed to use it. Mark had given everyone this code just in case a control override needed to be performed in extreme circumstances. This was a universal code for overrides, but the error code number was different for each function. Jack had come across Mark entering the numbers "6537" in the code to deactivate the cameras before, and had remembered them, repeating them in his head so he could write them down later.

Fortunately, the code worked both ways, and Jack was able to hack into the camera. However, there was a problem when he opened it up. The video down, so only the audio was playing. Luckily, it was only audio that Jack needed, as all he needed to do was hear what was being said. His goal with this hack was to be able to listen to if Dan ever spilled the beans about Jack's intentions.

********

Mark was still exhausted from the previous night, and wasn't surprised that Bob and Wade couldn't make it through their shifts. He was on his toes the whole time, knowing that if he rested for a small amount of time, the Humatronics would catch him. Yesterday's diagnostics had shown that there was definitely someone behind the strange activity of the Humatronics, and there were only two suspects: Matt and Jack. It was one of those two.

Mark had fallen asleep through most of the day, exhausted from the shift, and ended up waking up at 3:30 pm. Mark had no idea he could sleep that long, but he had a clue as to why. The dream he had after the shift was very interesting, yet terrifying at the same time. The Voltox had confronted him again, telling him he needed to find out who the perpetrator was and punish them with a beating they would never forget.

However, Mark didn't want to interrogate both Matt and Jack at the same time, and he was very close to an answer from Dan. Even though Mark had no desire to hurt anyone, and was dreading the next session of interrogation, even he was very interested in finding out who was the culprit of the Humatronics' A.I.s getting out of hand. However, Mark felt like he was missing something. He was, and it was because of this that the Voltox couldn't figure it out, either. He felt like he should be able to put two and two together, but it just wasn't coming to him. So, Mark decided that a few hours before the next shift started, he would give his all into interrogating Dan, and forcing Arin to watch. It would be tonight that he would find the perpetrator, and punish them.