Chapter 5

It wasn't Jack's imagination, Ryan was in pieces on the floor, his blood spattered against the walls. Freddy had collapsed in a heap, the blood on his hands. Jack had been reassured that the experiment had been a mistake, and was trying to stay focused. He looked at Mark, who was genuinely terrified. Had he reconsidered? If he had, how were they going to go back now?

"It's decided," Mark told everyone. "Make sure the power never goes out."

"But what if it does?" Matt asked in worry.

"Make sure Freddy is locked in here before his A.I.s max out."

"That might not be so simple," Wade fretted. "Obviously, he's strong enough to rip a human being apart. He could easily just throw us against the wall, and allow his A.I.s to max out and kill us all!"

"That," Jack butted in. "We might have to think about."

Freddy, in the mean time, was put on high security, thus, all four of the Humatronics were highly monitored, especially at night, where one person would be put on watch. Bob had been assigned this role. He would keep watch from midnight to six A.M. every night. If the Humatronics came to one of the doors on either side, he would shut it, but only when absolutely necessary, as to conserve power. However, things didn't seem to comply with logic in Jack's mind. The doors opened when the power cut? This didn't seem right. There were too many lines being drawn to the original Five Nights at Freddy's game. Was he dreaming? Jack had thought that the code names for the Humatronics were based off of the animatronics for easy reference. He never anticipated more lines being drawn. Something was odd.

Jack thought for a couple of nights, wondering if the Humatronics would rise up and attack, and he dreaded it, but they hadn't. He'd also been working with the A.I.s enough to understand what the Humatronics were thinking. In his sleep, he'd hear the voices of the siblings, crying, screaming. Often, he'd see Jordan's withered ghost, desperately calling for Jack to do something, and not sit by idly. The fourth night, Jack, in his dream, ran towards Jordan to give him an answer.

"Don't worry!" he called to him. "I'll do something! I promise I'll save you!"

Jordan looked at him, and smiled.

"Please hurry," Jordan called back to him. "We're scared."

Jack finally stood before him, and hugged Jordan, who was a few inches taller than him.

"I'll do my best."

Jack jolted awake, and after a few seconds of remembering what happened, he understood what he needed to do, and began crying. He buried his face in his hands, wondering why he had to do what had to be done, why it had come to this.

He had to use the A.I.s against his own friends. He had to cause more death, using the Humatronics, allowing them to get their revenge. He had to not only shut down the program, but he had to do something he'd never imagined having to do.

He had to kill his best friend.

He had to kill Mark.

Why? Jack thought. I don't want this! I never wanted this! And now, I have to. To save innocent lives.

"No," Jack said to himself. "But I have to."