Chapter 27

I woke up next to Logan and I smiled as he put his arm around me so I didn't move away. I cuddled into his side and he put his nose into my hair. I sighed as his hand when down my back and he kissed my head, lovingly.

"I'm hungry," Logan whispered. I giggled.

"I'll get us some food. But you get it next time," I said. He nodded and I stood, taking my shirt and pants off and putting on Logan's flannel. I buttoned it up and caught Logan's smile as I walked out. I went to the fridge and opened the door.

"Oh hey Angela," Jay said, standing awkwardly at the entrance of the kitchen. I glanced at him, shirtless.

"Hey Jay," I said. He walked over and grabbed the mustard and lunch meat that I was about to grab. "Hey!" I exclaimed. He laughed.

"Sit on the counter little sister," he said. I glared at him and he picked me to place me on the counter.

"Logan wants something to eat as well," I said. He looked at me.

"Look at my little sister who is just such a house wife like our mama," he said. I blushed.

"So?" I asked.

"You were just so vocal about that you wouldn't be a house wife and yet Logan tamed you," he said as he started making the sandwiches.

"Oh. I didn't even notice," I said. He chuckled.

"You got knocked up for him and you are always so submissive for him and look at you getting him food," he said. I looked at my lap and he finished making the sandwiches in silence.

"Thank you Jay," I said, softly as I walked into the bedroom and gave Logan the plate. He sat up and we both started eating. My mind wandered back to what Jay said in the kitchen.

"Are you okay?" he asked. I nodded and I bit my sandwich to avoid talking. "Lair. What's wrong baby?" he asked, rubbing my leg. I sighed and shook my head.

"I just tired," I said. He looked at me with a look of disapproval.

"Angie... Please tell me what's wrong so I can help you," he said. I closed my eyes.

"Just something Jay said. It made me realize something. It's unimportant," I said. He shook his head.

"If it's bothering you then it's important to you," he said. I looked at my lap and picked up my pants. I put them on and sighed.

"I'm going to see if I can Rosemary. I want to make the girls Rosemary packets for their pillows," I said. Logan stood.

"Just let me-" he started as I shoved my feet into my black high top converses.

"As much as I love you, I want to do this alone," I said.

"I'm suppose to protect you," he stated.

"You had to be led by a goddess to get here. I doubt anyone will find this place," I said. He looked conflicted.

"If you aren't back in a half hour, I'm going to look for you," he said. I nodded and started walking to the front door. I stopped at the kitchen to grab a ziploc bag and then headed into the woods.

I smell some to the north, Lacey said.

Which way is that? I asked.

Left, she said. I started walking the way she said and she started pacing. You know I like being a house wife, right?

I don't though Lace. It makes me seem useless, I whispered to her.

But you take care for the pack, Logan and Chuckie, she reasoned.