Chapter 7

I wake up. I'm sweating like a pig. I just keep thinking about what has happened over the last few days. Scott was the werewolf of Caraway. Scott was killed. Josh was the werewolf of his town and he loved me.

Ryan feels the same way about me as I do him. Matthew's parents are splitting up. Ryan was bitten and when the moon rises he's going to become a werewolf.

I make biscuits in the kitchen. I put butter on four of them. I set out two plates with two biscuits on each. I put the rest in a cloth and walk over to Lily's new house. I knock on the door. Lily opens the door.

"Hi Lily. Are your parents home?"

"Yes. Come in." I walk in. "Make yourself comfortable. I'll be just a moment." She bounds down the hall. She arrives with her parents behind her. I hand them the wrapped up biscuits.

"Robert, Rose, there is something I need to tell you." They look at each other. "I was walking in the forest this morning and I found someone. That someone is your son. He was laying on the ground. I walked over to him and noticed a crack on his head and found blood on his head and on the ground. I don't know how he died I just know that he is." Tears start to form in Rose's eyes. Robert puts his arms around her. I look to Lily. She is crying too. "I'm very sorry for your loss."

"Wait!" Rose says as I start to walk away. I stop. I turn around. "You need to show us where his body is."

"All right. Follow me." I walk into the woods and show them Josh's body. Rose starts to cry again. Lily drops to the ground and hugs her dead brother. I wander out of the forest. Matt walks up to me as I walk up the steps to my house.

"Hey, where are you going?"

"I was going inside."

"Oh. Do you want to go int the forest?"

"I rather not," I say without looking at him. I'm just going to abandon Matt? How could I do that? What am I going to do?

"Okay. Do you want to do something else?"

"Matt, I just want to be left alone right now."

"Oh. Okay." He turns around and walks away. What am I going to do?