Chapter 16

Julie

I try to push him away. He pulls me in closer, holding me tighter with every movement I make to try to get away. I was just admiring how handsome Matt was. Now he's kissing me and I would rather be doing anything in the world. That little voice in my mind is saying, You miss Ryan. You don't want to be with Matthew. That's why this is so sick to you. I rack my mind for some possible way to get Matthew off me. Then it hits me.

I pull my head back then slam it forward. It clashes with Matthew's head. He howls in pain, stumbles back, and falls under the water. I run up the shore. I grab my clothes while Matt splashes around in the water trying to regain his balance. I run.

I pump my legs to the point where they feel like pudding. I climb up in a tree. The air flowing off my body as I ran dried me, for the most part. I slip on my panties and bra then my dress and my boots. I climb back down the tree. 

I have to get my bag. It has my knife in it. I have to go back to camp. 

I decide to take a risk and begin to jog back to camp. When I reach camp I climb up a tree and sit on a branch, hidden by the needles. Matthew walks out of the shelter. Thankfully, he's dressed.

I grab a few pine-cones and throw them two at a time at his face. Their sharp hooks catch on his flesh. He yells. “Stupid squirrels!” He runs out of the clearing. I climb down and walk into the shelter. I pick up my satchel. I look inside. My knife is still in place. I shove my clothes in it. I look around. Two maps are on the ground. I open them up. I hear footsteps. They're the same map only one has other writing on it I don't have time to read. I grab the one without the writing and jog out the shelter. Then run as fast as I can, going East. “JULIE!” Matthew screams behind me. I push on. I have to find Ryan. No matter what it takes. He has to know I love him.

Matthew

This is all Ryan's fault. He had to be so charming and cute. Every girl loved him including Julie. I'm going to find Julie and make sure she loves me. 

I have to find Ryan so he can see Julie loves me, not him. And, of course, I have to make pay for what he's done. I will find both of them. No matter what.