Prolouge

I hear howling in the distance. It pierces through the cold, dark, and silent night. Nick gets up from the dining table and locks the door.

"Why aren't Mama and Papa home yet? " I ask my brothers.

"Maybe they took the long way home, " Scott offers.

"But they know it's a full moon. They don't take the long way home on a full moon, " I say.

"Julie, be patient. They'll be here soon, " Robbie tells me. I start fidgeting in my chair. A few minutes later someone knocks at the door.

"Nick, lock the door behind me, "Robbie conveys. Robbie goes to the door, unlocks it, and steps outside. Nick locks the door behind him. I look out the window and it's not just Jon. It's a group of men. They walk away together. After a while someone knocks on the door again. I get out of my chair and look out the window. It's Robbie, Jon, and the group of men. I stroll over to the door and unlock it. I open it and Robbie walks inside.

"We're very sorry for your loss, " Sam consoles. The groups of men walk away and Robbie shuts the door. Robbie stands in the middle of the room. "What is it? "Scott asks. "Mama and Papa are-"

"Are what?" I ask.

"They're...dead." Everyone is silent for a moment. "They were killed by the werewolf."

I burst out in tears. Nick walks over and rubs my shoulder gently. "It'll be okay. Everything will be okay, "He says. I move out of his grasp and run up the ladder to my room. Unfortunately my room doesn't have a door or a wall, so they can still hear me cry. I hear them walk to their rooms. We're all alone now. I'm all alone now.