Chapter 1

Jade ended up staying with us for a little, eating a few slices of pizza. We ended up cleaning out the fridge of all the rotted and spoiled food and watched a few episodes of OITNB. It's actually not that bad of a show.

When she left, I checked the time. 5:28. I should go get ready for the party.

I go into my room and dress into a white button down shirt with a white thin jacket, white jeans, red Vans, and a red beanie(if you know what this outfit is from, Ilysm❤️).

After I finish, I noticed that Bryce had woken up, reminding me that I had two toddlers to deal with before I could go anywhere.

I knew that Jenny had nothing to do since she had her own kid to deal with, so I called her.

"Um, Nina? Not the best time." She said in a distressed voice. I didn't know which kid she was dealing with at that time.

"I don't care right now, I have a to ask you a question."

I heard her giggle while telling Sawyer to stop. "Yeah, what's up?" She said in between her giggles.

"Um..c-can you take care of the kids for the night? I have to go somewhere."

She kept telling him to stop in a whiny tone and giggling. "Y-Yeah, Nina. Give m-me, like, ten minutes. M-maybe f-f-fifteen. Sawyer, stoooooop." She said, trying to contain herself as she talked.

"Okay, I'll see you then.."

"Baii."

I then hung up with a weird feeling in my stomach about what was happening. I just ignored it and continued to wait on her to come.

A few minutes later, I heard a faint knock on the door, which meant she let Lacey knock on the door. I went to open it and saw their beautiful faces.

"Hey, girly." I said as I leaned in to give her and Lacey a hug.

"Hey, so what you need me to do?" She said as she closed the door behind her and sat Lacey on the couch. Jenny dressed her in a pretty white dress with white sandals and braided her hair in two braids so that could meet in the middle of her head.

"Just watch them for a little while. If they get hungry, feed them each a slice of pizza, not the big slices because they never eat their food if they get a big slice. If they get sleepy, just let the pass out. I'll deal with it later."

"What if they get thirsty?"

"Just like Sawyer was when we were on the phone?" I laughed as she playfully punched me in the arm. "If they get thirsty, just give them a water bottle in the fridge to share."

"Okay then."

I then gave Nyielle—who was still asleep—a kiss on the forehead and Bryce a kiss on the cheek and a big hug. I then left and went straight to Joey's house.

When I got there, I saw lots of neon lights and music blasting against the speakers like people running out of a burning building. I had his present in my hand and made sure to hold onto it tight.

I immediately saw Meghan and began talking to her.

"Meghan-San!" I yelled so she could hear me over the music and hugged her from behind.

She turned around and exclaimed. "Nina, I can't believe you came!"

"I mean, it's the father of my children. I had to come if I wanted to look like a good parent."

"But why didn't you bring the kids? That would make it seem like you being a good parent instead of coming here by yourself."

"They made him a present so I wanted to give it to him. Besides, they were taking a nap so I didn't want to bother them."

I looked over Meghan's shoulder and saw Joey and Daniel talking to Justine and Stacy. He then came over to us.

Hey, Nina." He rudely interrupted.

"Hello, Joseph." I responded in an uninvolved tone.

"I'll leave you two alone." Meghan said as she slowly backed away from our conversation.

"So, why are you here?" He asked, giving me an attitude.

"Oh what, an ex-fake wife can't come and have a good time with her friends rather than sitting at home while our oldest kid is asking her what's wrong and as badly as she wants to, she can't tell him because, oh wait, it's her son, Joseph!"

Everyone quieted down as I started screaming, which made the situation even more tense.

"Well, I never asked you to be here, and you didn't even bring our kids with you so it really doesn't matter anyways." He said, trying to act tough. Joey's not a tough person, and you could see in his eyes that he wanted to cry.

"Yeah I didn't bring our kids, they're with Jenny. You know, Jennifer Hartman. The people that we brought together with our love! Remember that Joey?!"

"I'm gonna have to ask you to leave, you're ruining my party!" He screamed at the top of my lungs.

"Okay, fine, Mr. Graceffa. I hope you and Daniel have an amazing life together with all your dogs and children that you may adopt." I then started to walk away.

I walked out the door but quickly remembered that I still had the present in my hand. I opened the door again and began to yell again. "I also bought you a present so I'm gonna put it with the others." As i walked out, i screamed, "Happy birthday, douchebag!" and slammed the door making a loud thump! noise behind me.

I quickly ran into my car and began to cry again.

God I hate today.