Chapter 14

That night...

Around 7, Joe went back to his room to his room to finish getting ready for the dinner. I didn't bother to get dressed into anything, let alone changing just to take Joey's pity gift for exposing my secret. So all I did was straighten my ends to make them look neat.

After Joe came back, it was around 7:15. About five minutes later, I get a knock on our door to reveal Meghan.

"Hai!" I smiled and give her a hug.

"Hey, can I come in? I'm super bored." She asked.

"Sure."

I then let her in and close the door behind her.

"Joe, you know Meghan, right?" I smiled and put my arm around her.

He started to act a bit off and messes up his hair a little. "Uh..y-yeah. I know her." He nervously smiled at her and Meghan started blushing until her cheeks turn cherry red.

"Oh, really. Where did you meet her?" I ask, trying to ignore it and sit on the bed that nobody sleeps in while Joe sits on the other.

"We met a couple of years ago. We used to talk..until we stopped." Meghan explained.

My mind started going insane. They dated! They dated before! I can see it in their eyes! They've dated and they still have feelings for each other! My gut told me.

Don't say that. Joe literally just told me that he loved me, how could he still have feelings for Meghan? My thoughts reassured my gut.

I rolled my eyes and ignored it. "Why did you stop?"

"Long distance, I guess. We just stopped slowly started to drift apart until we stopped all together." Meghan said, looking down at the floor.

I then felt my mouth open and words come out without knowing. "Did you guys used to date?"

They both became silent. "Maybe for a little while." Meghan admitted.

Haha! I was right! Suck it, thoughts! My gut cheered, which made me smile.

"Really?"

"Yeah, for at least a month. He got busy, I got busy. We just didn't have time to manage a relationship, so we broke up." She explained.

"Oh."

We then sat on the beds awkwardly until I heard another knock on the door and Joe went to open it to reveal Connor, wondering if we were ready. We all got up and went into the elevator and waited for Joey to get downstairs.

When he did, we got into our Uber and headed to Chili's.

When we got there, we got into a booth and began to order our drinks.

Connor got a lemonade, Meghan got a cherry Coke, Joey got a water, Joe got a lemonade also, and I got a Fanta strawberry.

The waitress that had brown hair and brown eyes then walked off with our order and winked over in Joe's direction. He put his arm around me and I gave her a look that said "Back off, he's mine." She then rolled her eyes at me and took the order to the back.

She kinda looked familiar, but I ignored the feeling that I already knew her and snuggled into Joe's shoulder.

"Well, this is fun." I say, breaking the silence that filled our booth.