Chapter Two - I Chime In

Rey was working late night , doing some business and numbers.

"Oh, well imagine
As I'm pacing the pews in a church corridor
And I can't help but to hear
No, I can't help but to hear an exchanging of words
What a beautiful wedding
What a beautiful wedding, says a bridesmaid to a waiter
And, yes, but what a shame
What a shame the poor groom's bride is a whore." She heard being blasted from outside .

Rey groaned , trying to focus on her orders of lilies she had to have in by tomorrow.

"I chime in with a
Haven't you ever heard of closing a goddamn door?
No, it's much better to face these kinds of things with a sense of poise and rationality"

The music wouldn't stop and she could tell that whoever was playing the drums was a beat too late , the piano or keys was too fast and the bassist was on a G-flat when it should be a G-sharp.

" I chime in
Haven't you ever heard of closing a goddamn door?
No, it's much better to face these kinds of things with a sense of" and then the music stopped and she heard a groan .

Rey sighed to herself and went back to her calculator and pen , about a minute later there was a knock on her shop door .

Rey grabbed the mass she kept behind the counter and walked to the door . "WE'RE CLOSED !"

She looked and saw that it was Ben from the tattoo shop, a guitar hung around his shoulder .

"Can I help you ?" She asked .

"Do you by happen to have any old boxes you don't need ? The ghetto rigged amp holder we have broke" Ben told her.

"Oh ... Yeah I think so ... Here come in" she said opening the door all the way and he walked in.

They walked to the back of her store . "So ... You're in a band ?" She asked .

"Kinda ... Yeah... My friends ... Poe , Finn , Hux and my cousin Gwen" he told her.

"What's your guys name ?"

"We don't have a name ... I like Knights of Ren but no one else does"

"Knights or Ren ... Interesting" she smiled . They walked back into her store room.

"Woah" Ben said noticing the guitar hanging on the wall. "Is this a 52' Clear Queen ?" He asked looking at the blue electric .

"Yeah... It was my dad's ... He gave it to me in high school after I learned in an acoustic" Rey said digging for a box .

"Do you still play?" He asked .

"A little piano at the holidays " Rey told him and grabbed another box .

"You should come play with us ...
Seriously ... Like we need a new singer ... Can you sing?"

"Me ?" She asked "no !" Rey laughed "I can't sing...here are your boxes"

"Thanks Rey... I'll see you"

"Bye Ben " she waved and he walked out.

About 10 minutes later she heard the music start again.