november 1st

1978 wasn't a very good year for the eighteen year old. he was failing two classes and was unsure if he would be able to be accepted into college. he had turned eighteen a few months back but it still hadn't settled in. he was a child at heart, at least that's what his family said he was. he was turned to bad influences when he was sixteen, he was pushed into being friends with the baddest boys in the school.

river was the type of kid that did whatever other people did. if someone told him to smoke, he would do it just to fit in. but river was also the type of kid to try and stop the situation. so with that said, river had never smoked and still had his virginity.

river was in music for his seventh block elective. his friends would make fun of him for it. river wasn't ashamed of being himself but sometimes he hid the things that might get him kicked out of the bad boys, like, he still slept with his blanket from when he was a kid. river's music teacher was astounded by his music and what he wrote and what he was able to play on the guitar and piano. his teacher even told him he could get a scholarship for his musical talent. river could follow his dreams if he got that scholarship.