caught

river and donny talked most of the night. mostly about life goals and the good times they had in high school. turns out, donny failed senior year, never retook it, and was unable to get into any colleges. so he worked three minimum wage jobs, saving up money while sammy was at college while she was working at a well-paying job.

they lost track of time, it ended up being three am when river ran outside of the bar to go home to his family. but he was stopped.

"what are you doing here, river?"
river hesitated,"martha, how did you find me?" Martha started to tear up,"I knew you were hiding something. I knew this wasn't a good idea. I just knew you weren't the person I used to be in love with. I knew you weren't the person I trusted my life with anymore. what happened to the man I was madly in love with in high school?" river closed his eyes, wishing he could fix everything,"martha, I love you. I really, really do." martha sighed,"river, I want you to leave. just like you left me four years ago." river screamed in the middle of the parking lot,"mar! don't do this to me! you're carrying my child! I'm paying for your house! I bought that ring on your finger and you accepted it! I don't even know my own son! I missed four years of his life, just so I could succeed and follow my dreams for you! everything I've done was for you, martha! and now you decide to let me go?" martha screamed back at him,"you lied to me, river! you lied! how am I supposed to forgive you?" river said quietly,"you forgive me by coming over here and you let me kiss you."

martha ran over to river and smashed her lips against his. they forgave each other and river promised to never lie to her again.