it wasnt 1978 anymore

river came back to town with dark hair that came to his shoulders, and he wore mostly all black. he was no longer eighteen, he was now twenty two, almost twenty three. he seemed to be a new man. he had a drug addiction that no one knew about yet. the first person he went to go see was his mother and his siblings, but the whole time he was meeting with them, he thought of martha and his child he knew nothing about.

"hey mom, have you heard from martha plimis?" river said, changing the subject from college. "she's still living with her parents. your son looks just like you." river smiled and he left to go to martha's parents home.

martha opened the door,"river?" river smiled, he was definitely still madly in love with her. her hair was longer and her face and body had thinned. "I've missed you, a lot. there was not one day these past four years I didn't think of you or my child." martha,"you look so different, river. how's life going for you?" river smiled,"I have my first record coming out in about a month, I've been told I'm really, very talented." martha nodded,"I remember the pieces you used to play for me. you are very good." river changed the subject,"may I see my son?"

martha yelled,"jude! come down here!" river was shocked,"Jude is my middle name.." martha smiled,"I wanted him to know that his name had a lot of meaning. his name is jude collin plimis-phoenix." river's was shocked again,"I thought we were broken up." martha giggled,"but I never stopped loving you, river jude phoenix."

Jude came running down the stairs and stared at river,"mama, who's that?" martha smiled,"Jude, this is your father, river." tears started to form in river's eyes and he knelt down to Jude's level. Jude had sea blue eyes and dirty blonde hair, just like river's natural hair. he said with his voice trembling,"hi, sweet heart, how are you?" Jude smiled like he knew river perfectly,"mama talks about you a lot. I love you, dada." river's gave the four year old boy a bear-like hug.