Chapter 39

Chapter 39:

(Hunter's POV) I tried to run after the doctors, but one of the police officers grabbed my arm. Why were they taking Sophie away? What happened to her? I quickly spun around, startling the two police officers. I stared them both down, before losing my temper. "Is this why you brought me here? To show me my best friend getting wheeled off to who knows where?! Then not even telling me where they are taking  her, or what's wrong?! What kind of sick, twisted plan is this?!" The police officers looked at me shocked. "Mr. Hayes we brought you here so you could visit Sophie. We knew with everything going on lately you hadn't been able to see her. We figures we could bring you here as a surprise, and you could see her. We didn't know that this was going to happen. I'm sorry. We are just as confused as you are." The other officer nodded in response to what the other one had said. I sighed. I felt bad for yelling at them, but i was still kind of angry with them. They are the ones who brought me here. I turned back around, and watched as all of the nurses and staff slowly started to resume working. Some of the nurses walked in and out of Sophie's room pushing large machines. They looked a little frazzled as they pushed the machines down the same hallway the doctor had taken Sophie down. My eyes started to become cloudy again. I could feel the hot tears stream down my face. Why couldn't on thing in my life go correctly for once?

(Leo's, Hunters Dads, POV) I waited in the hospital for four hays before they finally released me. I was so anxious to leave. I couldn't get out of the hospital quick enough. Before I had left, the doctors had told me where I could find my son, That's where I was headed now. They said he was most likely at the police station. I am rushing there as fast as I can.

(Hunter's POV)I felt betrayed. Why couldn't I know what was going on? I asked the police to ask the nurses what was wrong, but when I asked the cops, they wouldn't tell me. Their excuse was that i could get in the way, By their expressions though, I knew it was something bad. I felt the tears start to fill my eyes again as I saw the doctor rush back in to tell the police something. They looked frantic after they heard whatever the doctor told them. They both radioed something over their walkie talkies. One of them yelled at me to stay out, and another police officer would be here soon to come get me. He then put a nurse in charge of me, and took off running down the hallway with the doctor and the other officer. I asked the nurse what was wrong, but all she said was that there was an issue. She said it was a police matter. I begged her to tell me, but eventually gave in when she wouldn't. Minutes later a group of about 20 police officers came bursting in. Most of them ran down the same hallway, while some ran down the opposite hallway. I immediately started to freak out. Of course though, nobody would answer my questions. Instead I was dragged back down the stair case we had come up earlier by some police officer. He took me to a police car, and got in also. That's where I am now, in the back of some police car, driving to who knows where. Gosh I hate police officers lately. He keeps trying to ask me questions, but I wont answer him. I refuse to tell him anything, until somebody tells me what's going on. He told me earlier he cant tell me anything, so I wont tell him anything then. We arrived at the police station after a very awkward car ride. The police officer brought me into the station, and placed me in some room I had been staying in a few days ago. He stayed in there with me, not saying anything to me though. After another awkward couple of minutes, he got a phone call, ending our silence. He looked at the phone number, and must of recognized it. He instantly stood up, and excused himself from the room. He left, and went outside the door to talk. Stupid him, left the door open a crack, and of course I used my advantage. I quickly, and as quietly as I possible could, walked over to the door. I pressed my ear to the small opening, and tried to listen to every word I could. "How's the situation looking.... Is he there.... Did you catch him.... Did he harm her... Has the doctor talked to him or anything... I know- I- I know.. I'm trying... Yes I know... He keeps asking questions.. I know.. But-t... I don't want to be the one who tells him... " Tell me what? WHAT AM I MISSING HERE? It then became very quiet, and I couldn't hear anything he was saying anymore. I almost burst through the door, demanding answers, but I didn't. I waited and waited, but still nothing. What happened to him? I was about to walk out there, when he started to talk again. It was very quiet, and very faint. I had to press my ear hard against the door so I could hear. They weren't the words I wanted to hear though. Ever. "I understand sir, but I don't want to be the one to tell him she died..-"