Because I Said So.

"WAIT HOLD THE ELEVATOR!!" I screamed as a chased my dad down a long hallway.

I have just resently been accepted in to the one and only LA University Of Performing Arts. I know its a mouthful to say but it is what it is. I almost fainted when I got my acceptance letter. I've always wanted to go to this University. The only bad thing is its so far from home. I'm from a shit town in Wisconsin. So LA is kinda a big deal. Luckily I got a scholarship because my family isn't exactly rich.

My first day of University. Oh how I've dreamed of this day. Everything will be great for the next four years. I'm mostly excited to meet my new dorm mate. I hope she's weird but not the Jennifers Body kind of weird. Well its time to find out. Any second now I'll be in my dorm.

.. Any time now... Anytime.

Elevator music was the sound of pure impatience at this moment. Finally after what seemed like a century the bell thingy rang and the elevator doors opened. The girls dorm on the second level room 104. My room. I walk, no I half run half skip to my dorm room with my dad far behind carrying my luggage.

I swung open my door and saw a half decorated room and a bare, empty, boring side. My roomy on her bed reading something on her ipod. She was surrounded by posters of bands and other famous people that I liked.

"Hey I'm Lexi, your new roomy." I put out my fist for her to fist bump. I don't like shaking hands its overrated.

"Amanda." She says not taking her eyes off her ipod. I awkwardly withdraw my fist. I clear my throat for another attempt.

"So you like One Direction?"

Her head shoots up at me. Her hazel eyes studying my face. Weird. I like her.

"One simply does not just like One Direction." She says in one of those meme poses. We both laugh.

"Bye darlin." my dad says before kissing me on the cheek and leaving. Well that was a lovely goodbye. Dads.

"Well I don't feel like unpacking at the moment. Wanna get something to eat?"

"A procrastinater. I like it. Lets go." Amanda grabs my wrist and drags me out the door and I shut it on my way out. This will definitely be the best four years.(: