Chapter Five: Valentine

Tori's P.O.V

Valentine appears underneath me straight away and catches me bridal style in the air. His red eyes are shut which I know means he was definitely worried about me. His white hair is sticking out everywhere, his front bangs cover his face.

His feet land on the ground softly. He places me onto the ground and I spin around to face him, his eyes are now opened to show me that they are glowing]. He is frowning at me. I see that his pentagram on his left hand is glowing and I turn to my right shoulder to see mine is glowing too.

Valentine is wearing his usual white trousers with a black belt, a black top which has white lines are the bottom. He is wearing his white hooded jacket. 

Relief takes over me and I hug him tightly and sob, I hear him sigh and I feel the vibrations of his chuckle before he hugs me back and whispers to me "You're an idiot." In reply I repeat the word 'sorry'.

"Tori!" I hear someone calling for me. Letting go of Valentine's shirt I turn to see Ciel rushing over with Sebastian at his side. I'm so glad they are both alright too!

"Pentagram" Master Ciel says looking at my shoulder in surprise, he turns his head to Valentine "You must be..."

Valentine grins and places his right hand on my left shoulder and shows Ciel his pentagram on his left hand "Valentine. The demon who made a contract with Tori"

Sebastian frowns and looks straight at Valentine with a deadly glare which leaves me standing there very uncomfortable.

 "The murderer has been killed" Ciel states to me and I nod once. "It's was with your help, thank you."

"It was nothing really, luckily we caught him" I say.

The police bring down the murder, his black eyes find mine and I feel Valentine squeeze my shoulder trying to be my guard like always.

I shut my eyes and collapse against Valentine.

Waking up I feel my eyes widen, my lungs don't let me capture any air. I start to struggle and I try to scream but I can't let out more than a tiny squeak. But it was loud enough that Valentinue rushes in with Sebastian and Ciel behind him.

Valentine sits me up and tries to pour some liquid into my mouth but it wasn't going in properly. Valentinie pours the liquid into his mouth but doesn't swallow. He quickly opens his mouth and places it on mine open one so the liquid pours in.

Valentine doesn't moved away until I swallow the liquid, the liquid tasks of nothing, but it clears my throat so I can breath. I stop struggling and Valentine moves away from me and wipes his chin and mine where the liquid escaped the most tiniest bit.

 "What's wrong with Tori-San?" Finny asks Mey-Rin.

They stand outside the door with sad expressions. 

"I suggest that we all gather together and I should explain the whole thing" Valentine says which makes me frown. It's time to tell the truth.

Everyone gathers around in the bedroom so I can still relax.

Valentine looks at me before starting "Tori Hathaway is the daughter of a demon, she is very weak and needed support. I, Valentine, had been like family to the Hathaway's, when I found out the Hathaway's were doing test on Tori I did a contract with her, to protect her at all cost. But, when I was away for a while... They did more test and they injected Tori with something... Something which can kill her... All demons. It means that Tori is dying. The side affects is that she will turn pale, she won't be able to breath and occasionally vomiting." 

"But they has to be a way to stop this from happening!" Ciel demands already getting upset about it.

I knew it would be painful news. I shouldn't of gotten so close to their hearts. 

"There is no cure. No cure was invented" I say staring at the ceiling, turning to the side I see Sebastian looking at me with a sorrow face. "Even if my parents tried it's probably to late for me now"

Valentine looks at me with frown but then shows me a weak smile which shows off his two front fang teeth, he gently ruffles my hair "I'll be with you to the end, my lady" 

Shutting my eyes I smile faintly.

"Tori" 

I open my eyes to see that Valentine is now sitting on the end of the bed looking at me.

"Do you want to stay here?" He asks. "Or do you want to go home?"

Home. Home. Home. Why would I want to go back to that place? 

"I don't want to go back to that place" I say to Valentine.

"So you want to stay here?" Valentine asks.

Yes. But if I stay here I might break peoples hearts, I can't become friends with them, but I like it here. Everyone is so kind, but, would they treat me different now?

"W-Well... If that is okay wit-"

"Of course it's okay!" Ciel demands looking at me "I wouldn't let you go back home anyway!" 

Looking at Ciel I feel like crying, so I do. I start crying and I have to hide my face with my hands. I'm so happy!! 

"Tori!" A high pitch voice calls for me.

Turning around I see Lizzy waving running towards me. She falls face first into the grass in front of me. Sitting up she laughs and gives me a wide smile.

"Let's make flower crowns!! I want to make a blue one for Ciel!!~" She smiles and starts picking the blue flowers.

Thinking about it I pick red flowers, not so many red roses because of the thorns.

After finishing them I watch Lizzy place the blue flower crown on Ciel's head with a smile. Master Ciel folds his arms blushing but keeps it on his head so he doesn't upset her.

Searching around I see Valentine and Sebastian talking so I don't go over straight away, I wouldn't want to intrupt them.

"Go" Paula stands beside me smiling "You wouldn't want to miss the chance would you?"

Looking over to Paula she gives me a wink, smiling I run over to them and place one red flower crown on there heads each.

"You both look so cute!" I smile laughing.

Even though the pain hurts, and, affects everyone around, I cannot stay sad for the rest of my time here. It's good to have some fun.

Valentine smiles and ruffles my hair "Would you teach me how to make one?"

Smiling I nod "Of course!"

"Could I tag along?" Sebastian looks embarrassed which makes me smile brightly.

Taking Valentine's and Sebastian's hand I drag them to where Lizzy is teaching Ciel how to make one.

I've always wanted to run my own flower shop...

{Author's Note: Valentine is on the side!! :)}