Chapter 6

Yajaira's P.O.V

**after Jack told story**

I couldn't believe what I just got out of Jack.

He got beat up for no reason. For no reason. What kind of idiots do this? Why?

Anger raised in me. My eyes filled with warm tears. I closed them tightly. One escaped and started to slowly fall down my cheek.

I say there quite. We were still hand in hand. My grip had tightened by the time he had finished.

The tear fell on our hands.

I felt Jack tighten his grip on my hand. I turned to look at him and found him already staring at me.

Another tear formed in my eye. He saw it.

"Please, don't cry for me." He said as his voice cracked. He locked his eyes with mine.

The tear came out of the corner of my left eye. Slowly fell leaving its trail.

All I could do was get lost in his eyes. The eyes full of pain and sadness.

He quickly raised his hand and wiped my tear with his thumb while holding the side of my face.

My eyes closed at his touch. His fingers ,rough and with small scars, sent shocks throughout my face. Like I've been touched by light. It was unexplainable. It felt

Right.

"Why?" I asked in a whisper as I slowly open my eyes after the feeling of being touched by light left my face. I looked at his bruised face.

"They hate me. Everyone does."

I squeezed his hand.

"No." I moved my face from his hand and looked at him straight in the eyes.

He looked back shocked at what I had just said.

"I don't hate you," I looked at the ground.

"I made you cry." He leans in getting closer to my face, which was facing the ground.

My stomach went crazy with butterflies. My heart stopped. I held my breath.

I closed my eyes and let out a slow, shaky breath.

"No, you didn't. They did." If they wouldn't he ever hit Jack, I wouldn't be feeling this way.

"But..." He started. I turned my face to look at him in the eyes. His majestic eyes.

We were face to face almost touching. Eyes locked, I felt hypnotized by his broken, majestic eyes. Time stopped. My stomach went crazy. I felt like I could get a heart attack from how fast my heart was going was going.

I was nervous. I didn't know what to do. I wanted to kiss his lips but they were broken and it was to early for that. I found way out of this.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him into a hug. I dug my head into his chest as tears fell from my eyes silently.

"No buts." I let out a long sigh and feel my body touch his closely.

He seemed shocked at first then he leaned his head on mine. We stayed there for a long time. I didn't want to let go, ever. I wanted to stay with him.

Then I suddenly got a new feeling I never had before.

It was like a sting. Not painful, just a tingly sensation in my chest near my heart. Like a new pulse, something coming out for the first time. A reaction maybe? It felt abnormal.

I pulled away. I felt weak and tired. My body felt useless. What was happening to me? My fingers got numb. I couldn't move my legs.

My eyes widened in panic. I didn't know what to do.

"Jack ! Jack!" A tear rolled down my cheek." I can't move, jack! I can't feel my legs. My fingers!"

I reached for him but when I saw my hand touch him I couldn't feel anything.

I looked up to his eyes.

They were wide with fear and panic.

He grabbed my arm and put it around his neck.

My eyes were slowly closing. They felt so heavy. All I could see was the blur of Jack.

"Come on you've got to try. Yajaira, no. No. Keep your eyes open."

He was struggling to keep me up. Then I remembered he was beat up. I can't do this to him.

I forced my eyes open.

"It's okay ," I said quietly like if I had just woke up," sit me down."

"No you need to go to the hospital." He kept trying to help me but I was to weak. I couldn't.

I start to cry from frustration. What's going on with me !?

"I can't. I can't," I say I between sobs. Tears rolling down my face.

"Yes, you can. Please Yajaira. Don't do this to me." He pleaded as he started laying me down on the table so I could rest.

I looked at him and saw that he started getting tears in his eyes.

My eyes started failing me again and I looked up at the sky to see only a blur of blue and gray.

I looked back at him and saw him staring at me. He looked different ... Determined and heartbroken.

For me ?

"Yajaira....." I couldn't hear anymore he was saying. More tears rolled down my face.

I got out all I could.

"Help... Me."

Authors note:

Hope you liked it ! It's not to long or short.

Thx for reading!