Chapter Nine

Luna followed her grandma. They walked in miles until they have finally arrived in their destination. Luna was astonished. She could not believe that even after a massive explosion, a beautiful forest still exist. It has very tall trees with creatures who are roaming free. Without fear, without worries. Hanicka gathered some woods and set up a fire for the night. 

"How come all of these can possibly be exist?" Luna asked.

"Some things last when they are protected." Hanicka said. "Many years ago, before our land was divided into two kingdoms, spirits have roamed throughout the land. They protected both man and animals. Also, placed and restored peace in most difficult situations."

"What happened?"

"Evil has grown in man. They wanted to have power in order to access the other world. They started to disobey and manipulate the spirits. However, it refused. It stopped protecting most of the man and security was never restored again. But it was too hard to break the bond, so they decided to find someone trustworthy with whom they can connect with as they leave some part of the human world."

"And they found you!" 

"They found us. Our family's generation holds the mightiest and purest blood. From the very beginning, they knew that your brother will sacrifice himself for the sake of his people but never for anything else. When he died, he thought nothing besides our family and the kingdom. He didn't think about what will happen with the animals and other living creatures. Unlike you, Luna."

"Why me? I would have thought the same thing." Luna frowned. 

"Yet, you thought about the wolf that you met in the woods. You cared for her. Am I right?"

"You're right. But what is the purpose of all of these?"

"According to the calendar, you were born in full moon. In the exact date of spirit-bonding."

"Spirit-bonding? What does that mean?"

"It means that the spirit have chosen you to be the bond which connects them with both man and animals. Without the spirits Luna, our world would be in full chaos. Never let them go. You have to stop the most evil that's lurking."

Luna remained silent. She thought of how much the war have affected both worlds. 

"Do you even wonder why the female wolf didn't attack nor eat you?"

"Because of the spirits?" 

"That's one thing. But that's not the reason I am looking for." 

"Then why?"

"It's because you are chosen to be connected with a wolf. You're a she-wolf."

Luna looked confused.

"See, a man is vulnerable. In order to access power, it has to be paired with another living creature. The spirits have paired you with a wolf."

"So how did that make me or my wolf powerful?"

"You see, wolves are very special. They have been known to shape living creations. With wolves, trees began to grow faster, animal populations increased and even rivers changed their behaviors. That is why, wolves are the most powerful." Hanicka continued. "Now that you know the story, it is time to fulfill your duties. You are an omega. Be the alpha."

"But I'm not ready, I don't even know where to start."

"Well that is why, I am here as your guardian. You don't want to suffer the same pain again without being unable to stop it, right?

"Of course, I don't"

 "Well then, your training starts first thing in the morning."

"What training?"

"Your true training to test your skills and abilities. You have to be trained of using them wisely and not just for your own benefit. Also, the way of how your wolf comes out has to be properly adjusted. You have to gain control and discipline. Especially, you have to trust your instincts and believe in your senses." 

"Why?"

"They're going to be your greatest weapons against any opponent. If you use your instincts along with your senses and reflexes, then the enemy would not see you coming."

"I see, it's clear now. I understand."

"Great. Now, get some sleep. You're going to need every bit of it."