Chapter Eleven

As the days went by, Luna's powers became more powerful and powerful. She has complete control of connecting with the spirits as well as her inner-wolf. Her potentials came out naturally that it is only a matter of time to form a connection with the woods.

"I want you to feel everything that goes on through every life of this tree. From the roots to the branches. Feel the ground. Feel your environment." Hanicka said.

Luna closed her eyes. She placed her one hand on the trunk of the tree while placing the other hand on the ground. She felt every air movement that have passed the tree as well as hearing the whaling sound inside of it. It was the spirits that are living in the big old tree. While her other hand, touches the strongest connection. As if she was touching the core of the earth. She can feel the movement of the river and every creatures. She can also feel the spirits roam around. Her ears sharpened as she hears the sound of nature. But the more she goes deeper. the more she can feel its pull. 

When Luna was ready to take her hands off, she noticed that she couldn't. The spirits are urging her to join both of her hands together in order to complete the connection. However, the connection on both sides were too strong that she have to force both energies to be together. 

"Luna..." Hanicka worriedly said. "You can do it."

Luna began to feel the pressure throughout her body. She began to feel the pain flows in her body but she used all of her force to connect both of them. It became unbearable. But she remained strong as she push harder and harder until a loud howl came out from her mouth. It was very powerful that it became the foundation of her strength to connect both worlds.

Hanicka was astonished. Luna finally have the full connection with the spirits. She slowly stood up. The electricity of force are still beneath her palms. Then, as she opened her eyes, in her surprise, creatures lurking in the forests, came out to show their gratitude. She has accomplished her task in the forest. Now, it is time for her to go back and serve the kingdom. However, there's only one more thing left to do. 

The night came, Hanicka took Luna at the very top of the mountain to see the spirit lights. It has different variety of colors flowing in a harmonious wave. However, she wants her granddaughter to understand the true value of their hard work. 

"Luna, when the time comes, you will be the next guardian of both physical and spiritual world." Hanicka said. "Do you see those lights?"

"They're beautiful." Luna replied. 

"Those lights represents the happiness of the spirits. They are the symbol of a new beginning. And, they are gladly connected with you. You're a smart girl. You coped and learned fast."

Luna looked at the lights. She became more inspired because no matter where she looks or goes, the lights will always be there to guide her. 

"They are very grateful that you accepted them with open heart. Plus, you strive for greatness. You truly are an alpha. I'm very proud of you." Hanicka said. 

"Oh grandma," Luna embraced her. "Thank you for everything."

"You are a wonderful and powerful girl. I'm very certain that you're going to do great one day."

"I promise I will do everything to protect both worlds with my might. I'll never let you down."

"Thank you Luna. Now, I am letting you visit the Capital tomorrow. I know training for your brother's position means alot to you."

"Thank you, grandma." 

Luna went back at the bottom of the mountain where they stay. However, Hanicka remained at the top. She looked at the lights and called the spirits. 

"Spirits of all time. Please hear what I have in mind. Protect my granddaughter at any cost. Guide her to focus and never boast. And please, prepare her for tomorrow."

Tears began to flow from her eyes.