Chapter Twenty-One

"What am I doing here?!" Luna confusingly said as she aroused immediately from her slumber. Her eyes widened, seeing that her body's just protected by mere warm itchy blanket. She covered her body properly and tread along the house. In her surprise, Nathaniel was slipping on a couch, beside a wooden chair with a bag filled with clothes. 

What did we do? Oh my gosh---did we? NO! It can't be! My virginity has been taken by---Nathaniel?!" 

Luna carefully walked towards the bag. But her footsteps woke Nathaniel up. 

"You know, a simple good morning would be nice." He yawned. 

"Uhm... Good morning?" She said, unable to find the words and to utter her expressions.

"What's going on with you?" Nathaniel approached. 

"Nothing...Really..I would truly appreciate if you just stay there..Thank you."

Nathaniel figured that Luna might be acting weird because of one explainable reason. 

Does she really think that we did something last night? He laughed. This is going to be fun. 

"What are you laughing at?" Luna asked as she grabs the bag. 

"Oh, nothing. I'm just wondering if you enjoyed last night's event."

Luna squirmed. Her face suddenly turned red. 

"Event? What event?" 

"You know..." Nathaniel stood up. 

"You better stay right there, Nathaniel. I swear I will never hesitate to hurt you once you take a step closer."

Nathaniel slowly walked closer. 

"Gosh Nathaniel! Stop!" Luna began to throw things at him, but Nathaniel dodged and continued to walk closer. "Nathaniel!!" 

Nathaniel laughed like there's no tomorrow. Luna's face was priceless! She was too embarrassed and scared of what she thought happened.

"I hate you!!" Luna yelled at him. 

He wiped the tears from his laugh. "Okay, okay, go and get dressed. I will tell you what happened. Also, Luna, I am not that kind of man. I respect you but try not to turn into a wolf, especially infront of me, I don't want to get used of seeing your body."

He teasingly winked. 

"Urgh! You're so annoying!" Luna went back to the room and got dressed. 

A couple of minutes later, she sat beside Nathaniel and asked for some explanation. He began to explain everything and she listened attentively. Luna couldn't believe how powerful the impact and cause of her transformation. She must learn how to handle and control it before it happens again. However, he didn't tell her about the graduation to be the Captain. 

"I'm sorry for the trouble that I have caused you." Luna said. 

"Don't worry about it, Luna. We're always here for you." Nathaniel replied. 

"Thank you Nathaniel. I knew I could always rely on you. But I guess we should probably go back to the Capital now. I'm sure everyone's wondering where we are."

"Of course. Father has left a horse for us. That will be our ride back to the Capital."

"Then let's go!" 

They embarked the woods with their horse. It rode quickly because it's instincts told him that the most powerful creature was on his back. Using him as a tool to go to her destination.

When they arrived, Victor approached them and told Luna to meet the Commander in instant. She nodded and left. Nathaniel faced Victor with an amount of anger in his blood. He doesn't like the fact that Victor is always around, stealing Luna's attention. 

"Well,well, well. If it isn't the two love birds." Victor teased. "So, where did the both of you go last night?" 

"I didn't know that our lives are interesting enough to bother an uneducated man like you." Nathaniel snapped. 

Victor smirked. "You know, Nathaniel, I know tons of information that I might use one day against you and your precious Luna."

"Threatening a fellow man. How pathetic Victor. Is that really all you can give? A threat?" 

Victor's expression changed. 

"I wouldn't waste my time on you Victor. I have important things to worry about and to deal with. Besides, all the words that come out from your stupid mouth are garbage anyway. They're not worth any of my time."

And with that, Nathaniel walked and bumped Victor on his shoulder. He cannot believe that the son of the General acts like a moron. His father is a respectable man but he tends to put it on shame. Nathaniel almost fell bad for him, but no matter what he does, Victor will never change. 

Meanwhile, in the Commander's office. Luna stood up, surprised and delighted from the news that she heard. Turns out, this was bigger than she thought. 

"Sir, I am very honored and pleased to serve as a Captain. But with all due respect, why did you choose me?" Luna said. 

"Luna you are a smart, diligent, and great soldier. In all of our soldiers, you stand out the most. According to your records, you have passed every challenges and obstacle in the course as well as your exams. You have high grades, making you the top the class. You have attained and achieved the knowledge of being a Captain. You are now stepping on your brother's position and continue his journey."

Luna's spirit began to rejoice. Her mind and heart became full of bliss. Hearing those words from Commander Lucas filled her soul with joy. After all the hard-work, it's finally time to go through her brother's footsteps. 

"Tonight will be our celebration. We will go to the royal palace to meet the King. Then, he will announce to the whole kingdom your position, as Captain."

"Like a promotion?"

"More like a graduation, as we call it. Now, prepare yourself. This is just going to be the beginning."

"Sir, yes, sir." Luna saluted and dismissed. 

It is the time that Luna has been waiting for. The time to proclaim herself as a Captain. However, Commander Lucas was right. It is just only the beginning. What kind of evil awaits for Luna? Will Victor say something? It is going to be a long journey for her and the whole kingdom.