Chapter Six

They arrived at the palace safe and sound but what Luna have seen terribly bothered her. She could not bear the fact that these people are suffering because of her brother's heroic act. 

"Luna, would you just calm down, please?" Stacey asked. 

Luna glared at her and continued muttering. "I am calm."

"Really? 'Cause people don't mutter if they're calm."

"SMA Wells said that we're less affected! LESS AFFECTED, I tell you."

"Yes, Luna we are. He said 'less affected' but that doesn't mean we are not fully unaffected. There are still some toxic substances that could enter the poles. Except that, they're very less toxic."

Luna sat down. "But people are still affected."

"I know honey, but there's nothing we can do. It will disappear over time, I assure you."

"I guess you're right."

"Okay. Now we just have to wait for the commander's call to enter the palace's assembly room."

Luna gazed outside the window. She saw a beautiful garden with lots of trees that bear fruits. A fascinating majestic palace with amazing architectures yet contains a sad dark history. What a place to live in. 

"They're ready." Commander Lucas said.

"Alright, come on ladies. It's time." Stacey said assisting Luna's mother. 

"You look beautiful Luna." Commander Lucas as he lead the way.

"Thank you, Commander."

"Of course. I would like to introduce you to someone after the ceremony."

Luna looked confused. "Uhm, sure, sir."

Commander Lucas opened the door. 

"Shall we?"

Luna nodded. In her surprise, thousands of people are clapping and praising for her brother.

"Oh my gosh Nicholas. Look at how many people adore you" Luna whispered. 

Commander Lucas escorted her to the assigned seat. 

"People of Canisia. We are gathered here today to pay tribute to men who sacrificed their lives in order to save our beloved kingdom. Many of you might remember, years ago, when we were unexpectedly attacked by Shattania. My wife, the queen, was killed. Then, true heroes was born. They were intelligently skilled and have fought bravely until the end. We owe them our lives, safety, and freedom because without them, we would be nothing. We should always honor and remember them." the king said. "And so, I would like to call on one member of each family to come here on stage and receive the award of honor."

The king opened the paper. 

"Luna Montgomery. The sister of Captain Nicholas."

Luna stood up. Everyone clapped as she make her way to the stage. The king bowed while she curtsied. 

"I present you the award of bravery and respect." The king handed her the golden medal. "May the future generation remember your family, especially your brother, as a true hero of all."

Luna accepted the award with great honor and dignity. She's beyond grateful to accept such an incredible award that symbolizes her brother. All of a sudden, tears of joy began pouring down her face. 

"This is all for you, Nicholas." Luna said.

And so on, the king continued to honor the family of every men who fought on the war. After a couple of hours, they proceeded to the ballroom to celebrate. Everyone was invited, even the townspeople. However, the room began to be more crowded so Luna decided to talk a walk in the garden. Besides, she loves looking at the flowers after all.