Poisoned and left for dead

Thud

The hoe struck deep into the soil, the blow was mighty and strong like an ox. A simple strike had the force of ten men and it dug itself deep into the soil.

The boy that was not quite a man stopped and slowly wiped the sweat from his forehead.

His dark brown hair blew against the wind, sweat dripped down his golden brown skin. The sweat glistened, reflecting the sun's yellow rays, making him look like a chiseled statue of a golden God.

He stood with a proud look on his face. His hazel eyes gazed over the freshly turned soil in triumph. The surrounding girls whispered as they admired his flawless body while the boys snickered in contempt.

His face was quite fearsome when he worked, he was extremely focused. His solid body was formed from tireless hours of hard labor and training. It was like a magnet that drew their eyes and made girls stomachs flutter in excitement.

He reached towards his sweat soaked t-shirt and slid it back on. It didn't feel very nice wearing a sticky shirt but he felt more comfortable when people weren't ogling him. He wasn't too serious and he took out time to play but he couldn't afford to be distracted when he was farming. He was a very disciplined person.

The farm lands were his domain, he could work ten times faster than the average man. In fact his nickname was "Cultivation Bug Fuyo" thanks to his peerless talent in farming. He was like a little bug that could help fertilize soil and cause the crops to grow strong and powerful.

He ignored the giggling girls and sneering boys then continued to plow through the soil.

"Nothing like a hard day's work to get the blood pumping. The weather is good, the forecast is great and the crops are growing nice and strong."

His gaze fell upon the rest of the fields. From one horizon to the next, everything the light touches was his domain and responsibility.

From the distance an old man slowly made his way over.

"Greetings, Young Lord Fuyo." He clasped hands and bowed.

"We have an amazing harvest this month and it's all thanks to your hard work and leadership."

"If it wasn't for hardworking farmers like you, how could I possibly manage this all by myself?" Fuyo smiled.

"You flatter me, if it wasn't for you our village wouldn't have had half the success it has today. There is no Lord in the world that is as kind and as hardworking as you. The village would still be suffering if you never took the leadership position. You empowered the villages to take their lives into their own hands. You taught them and gave them the strength needed to stand up against the evil Lord and take back what was theirs." His words held unspeakable pride but behind his eyes there was also a tinge of sadness and longing.

The villagers who heard his words nodded in agreement as a smile spread across their face.

"With your leadership the village has prospered, words cannot express our gratitude."

It sounded like an extremely formal conversation almost like they wrre acting it out, because they were. In reality they were very close and didn't use such niceties, but in public they would act the part. After all, Fuyo was now the Young Lord of Wsc Village and Yama was the grand elder. No matter his rank the villagers wouldn't tolerate any sort of disrespectful talk even if it was a joke. Because to them, Fuyo is a God.

"You speak too highly of me, but thank you for your kind words." He nodded in respect.

A villager whispered to a new farmer who just joined the work team. "Unlike other Lords he is humble and doesn't flaunt his power or abuse it unless his hand is forced."