Day eighty-three

Twelve days before my birthday, and it was a new semester. My first block was physics, and leave it up to Bennett to have the same class as me.
I wonder who he bribed for that...
     "So, are you coming to wrestling practice tonight?"
     I put my head down on our lab table. Yes, we are working together... I wonder who he bribed for that as well...
     "Do I have to?"
     "You don't have to do anything." He said, "but my dad will actually be there."
     I didn't sit up, or even look at him.
     "I've had enough of your father since he's dating my mother. I'd rather not."
     "Then what? You and Kendal are just going to sit at your house and eat chocolate ice cream and cry."
     "She lost her mother."
      "So did I." He said, "I didn't cry nearly as much, and at least mine wasn't an alcoholic."
     I stood up quickly and abruptly. I stared down at him with hatred, and he looked up at me with fear. With actual fear. I didn't know he could ever have that look on his face for me.
     "You're a guy, you were five, she is a girl, and she is not five. That means that she knew her longer."
     He just looked up at me blankly.
     "Yes, I know."
     "Then get over yourself, asshole."
I sat back down and looked at him. He didn't say anything to me, nor did he look away from me.
     "Say something."
     He took in a deep breath and let it out slowly. I knew he didn't like being yelled at. It was something we had in common. We hated being yelled at especially by each other.
     "First, don't yell at me again regardless of the shit going on in your life, and don't you dare compare me and Kendal side by side."
     "Okay."
I left it at that. Who knew what he could do if he went completely off.
     The bell rang for 2nd, and he walked me there. We didn't have that class together, thank God.
     "I'll see you at lunch."
     I nodded my head.
     "Yeah, you will."
     He left and I walked into Anatomy. I sat down and couldn't shake the feeling that there was something he was not telling me.
*****Mr. Hanes.*****
     Second block planning is different than third block, but it was still good to have a break.
     I found Bennett in the hallway and called him into my room.
     "Yes, Mr. Hanes?"
     "Close the door and come here."
     He did as he was told and walked over to me. I handed him the envelope.
     "What is this for?"
     "College."
     "I actually got excepted? For what sport?"
      He was opening it so I didn't say anything.
     "Football, really? Awesome."
     "Yes, and now for Kate."
     He looked up at me.
     "Kate?"
     "Yes, Kate. She is going to the University of West Georgia, and you're going to the University of Georgia."
     "And?"
     We were silent. Then he smiled, and it wasn't a pleasant smile.
     "You want me to break-up with Kate before the end of the year so that you can have her. She'll be eighteen and graduated, and you'll be 25 and no longer her teacher, right?"
     "You're right."
     He looked down at his letter.
     "Fine, but on one more condition."
     "Almost anything."
     "One of has to tell her about this deal, and let me tell you. The one that doesn't tell her. She will be pissed at."
     "Fine then. Let the best man win."